Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP to read a directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting FTP to read a directory Post 39599 by Perderabo on Monday 25th of August 2003 12:30:56 PM
Old 08-25-2003
It looks to me like this actually is a date calculation question. He posted on Aug 21, 2003 and said that he wanted filename.n where n was 233. By that numbering scheme, Jan 1, 2003 would be 1 while Dec 31, 2003 would be 365. But next year is a leap year, so Dec 31, 2004 would be 366.

Calculations like that are easy if you use my datecalc script which is right here. You can use the -j option to calculate julian day numbers. "datecalc -j 2002 12 31" will return 52639. And "datecalc -j 2003 8 21" will return 52872. And 52872 - 52639 = 233.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp-directory

Some users get on our server with ftp with a specific username (i.e. guest). The users guest has an own group. The user guest is in the path /usr/guests after login. How can I lock the user guest that he don't get up to the /usr treee. I tried to change the rights for the .. But it's not anymore... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arn_ch
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp a directory

How does one ftp an entire directory from one Solaris 5.9 machine to another with out moving one file at a time? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DarkLord
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can we ftp a directory

Hi guyz, Is there any way to ftp a whole directory structure. I mean is there any way using which I can get the whole directory ftpied including the subdirectories Thanks and regards, Gauravv (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauravgoel
17 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read Files from a Directory

Hi, I have a requirement where I have get the files from FTP server then delete the files in the FTP server and then store the file name within the file where there is "TR". i.e Filename|TR|20071231|.... Once I finish loading my file I have to archive the files. Is there any way to do it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiran_418
2 Replies

5. Solaris

add a ftp user with read and write permissions on a directory

hi all how I can create an ftp user in solaris 10 and have read and write permission on a directory. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luisfja
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX - read only FTP

Hi, I want to set FTP server on AIX to read only mode. I found out manual page for /etc/ftpaccess.ctl (manual page ). I tried put readonly: ALL or readonly: ALL writeonly: NONE and nothing happened (of course, I restart FTP server by stopsrc -t ftp; startsrc -t ftp) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: henriette
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp whole directory

HI Guys, I have downloaded the oracle binaries from oracle.com, i have unziped them in a directory say OWB. I have to copy them to my windows server so i have ran the ftp command. It looks like i can ftp whole directory. Can you please get me the command to get all the files and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp read a file

hi, i need ftp commands which read a text file and ftp the contents of the file to a another machine. Anyone can help me out please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp

I have system that generate files every 1 hours , i only have ftp connection from my local server to remote . $ ls -al -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0800 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.0900 -rw-r--r-- 1 water None 0 Feb 7 18:09 a.1000 is there any perl / php... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
3 Replies
GET_HEADERS(3)								 1							    GET_HEADERS(3)

get_headers - Fetches all the headers sent by the server in response to a HTTP request

SYNOPSIS
array get_headers (string $url, [int $format]) DESCRIPTION
get_headers(3) returns an array with the headers sent by the server in response to a HTTP request. PARAMETERS
o $url - The target URL. o $format - If the optional $format parameter is set to non-zero, get_headers(3) parses the response and sets the array's keys. RETURN VALUES
Returns an indexed or associative array with the headers, or FALSE on failure. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.1.3 | | | | | | | This function now uses the default stream con- | | | text, which can be set/changed with the | | | stream_context_set_default(3) function. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 get_headers(3) example <?php $url = 'http://www.example.com'; print_r(get_headers($url)); print_r(get_headers($url, 1)); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [0] => HTTP/1.1 200 OK [1] => Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:28:13 GMT [2] => Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) [3] => Last-Modified: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:11:55 GMT [4] => ETag: "3f80f-1b6-3e1cb03b" [5] => Accept-Ranges: bytes [6] => Content-Length: 438 [7] => Connection: close [8] => Content-Type: text/html ) Array ( [0] => HTTP/1.1 200 OK [Date] => Sat, 29 May 2004 12:28:14 GMT [Server] => Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) [Last-Modified] => Wed, 08 Jan 2003 23:11:55 GMT [ETag] => "3f80f-1b6-3e1cb03b" [Accept-Ranges] => bytes [Content-Length] => 438 [Connection] => close [Content-Type] => text/html ) Example #2 get_headers(3) using HEAD example <?php // By default get_headers uses a GET request to fetch the headers. If you // want to send a HEAD request instead, you can do so using a stream context: stream_context_set_default( array( 'http' => array( 'method' => 'HEAD' ) ) ); $headers = get_headers('http://example.com'); ?> SEE ALSO
apache_request_headers(3). PHP Documentation Group GET_HEADERS(3)