Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to compress a directory on a Sun Solaris 5.7 ? Post 39547 by sameerdes on Friday 22nd of August 2003 05:05:12 AM
Old 08-22-2003
How to compress a directory on a Sun Solaris 5.7 ?

Hi,

Is there any utility to compress an entire directory on a Sun Solaris 5.7 ? Something like "compressdir" on other flavours of Unix ?

Thanks

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Compress files before moving them in a directory

I need a shell script that zips a file before moving them..please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: godalle
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

compress Directory

Hi Friends, I have a directory under which 10 more directories are there. In each 10 directories there are several files. I want to do FTP. But in FTP we cannt Transfer the main directory. each Time we have to go to the respective directry and then we have to to FTP. For this instance I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
9 Replies

3. Solaris

how to tar a directory in a sun solaris?

i have lot of directories which are needed to be transferred to a LINUX workstation. to do this i need to tar the directories. please let me know how to tar the directories in Sun Solaris. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmb
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compress the contents of a directory while copying data into it

Hi guys I have a need to compress the contents of a directory while I am copying data into it. I was able to do this when it was only one file by doing as below: STEP1: mknod myfile p STEP2: chmod 777 myfile STEP3: compress -v < myfile > myfile.Z & STEP4: cp -p xyz_file myfile... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user1602
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archive directory script with tar/compress

Hi all I need to write a script that archives all files with a certain date in the filename, to another location. It has to run on a AIX using tar/compress or another standard AIX tool. The directory will have x files, each prefixed with a date like yyyymmdd_desc.csv. I need all to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXfrog
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I compress all files in a directory?

the problem states "Write a script that compresses all the files in the directory. Make a directory and put some files in it. Also make a sub directory in your directory and put files in it also. Once you have this basic ability to compress all files within a directory, add to your script a menu of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brittany
1 Replies
deploytool(1m)						    Application Server Utility						    deploytool(1m)

NAME
deploytool - launches the deploytool utility to deploy, package, and edit your J2EE applications SYNOPSIS
deploytool [--help] [--userdir user_directory] [--configdir configuration_directory] Use the deploytool utility to deploy and package your J2EE applications and components, create and edit J2EE deployment descriptors, and create and edit J2EE Application Server specific deployment descriptors. If the application is not J2EE compliant, an error message is dis- played. Only one session of the deploytool utility can run with a specific user directory. A lock file is created to ensure that only one utility session is running. A message is displayed if a lock file is detected. OPTIONS
--help displays the arguments for launching the AssemblyTool. --userdir identifies the user directory. The default user directory is .deploytool under your home directory. Only one deploytool session can be running per user directory. A lock file is created under the user directory to ensure that only one session of the deploytool is running. The deploytool utility uses this directory to store configura- tion information. o On Solaris, the default directory is at ~/.deploytool --configdir identifies the configuration directory. The configuration directory is where the asenv.conf file is located. On Solaris the asenv.conf can be found at: o Bundled installation: /etc/appserver o Unbundled installation: default is /etc/opt/SUNWappserver7 or user specified o Evaluation installation: AS_SERVER_INSTALL/config. Where AS_SERVER_INSTALL is the directory where you have installed the Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.4 Application Server Beta 2. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Using deploytool example% deploytool --userdir /myapplication --config_dir /myconfigdir Where --userdir specifies the destination directory, and -config_dir identifies the configuration directory. SEE ALSO
verifier(1M) Sun Java System Application Server March 2004 deploytool(1m)