Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Call Telnet From Within A Shell? Post 39365 by Tubbietoeter on Thursday 14th of August 2003 10:19:49 AM
Old 08-14-2003
Data Call Telnet From Within A Shell?

Hi there,

I got a big problem.
For one of our customers I did a website (php) that connects to another machine "A" (server) to machine "B" via expect.

Now he wants that after the the connection with "B" is established, a telnet connection to "C" is opened, and some commands are executed. The results need to be retrieved too.

The problem is, it's not so easy to start telnet from a shell, since you only can give the username with it when its started but not the password. We don't have any permissions to install anything on "B" nor "C"; we could put a script on "B" though to connect with "C".

Does anyone have a shell skript that connects to another machine via telnet? Or a php skript which connects from "A" to "B" to "C"?

Any ideas on this? I'm going nuts about this ...

Thanks for your help!

Steff

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell scripting with Telnet

Hi, im brasilian, sorry for bad english ok? Well, im writing one honeypot, look: #!/bin/bash echo "" echo `cat /etc/welcome.pot` echo "" echo -n "login: "; read usuario echo -n "Password: " #stty -echo read -s senha #stty echo exit Running it in localhost, thats right: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: juniordevil
1 Replies

2. Solaris

using shell script to telnet

I would like to log into a server read a certain file and get the results back. I have tried like below to no avail; #!/bin/ksh -x ( sleep 2 echo sdpuser sleep 2 echo cs3reloaded sleep 5 cd /export/home/scripts/daily_checks sleep 5 head daily_check_report.txt > test160108.txt exit )... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky katix
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i call one korn shell from a shell

Hi guys, please help me I have a ksh script (second picture down), in that script I define the function DATECALC. Now I want to use this function KSH in a program shell. How can I call this ksh from my shell program? My shell program is... in the first two lines I tried to call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acevallo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet in shell

hi guruz, i have problem i have 2 servers running IBM AIX-UNIX i have already made a shell which will take input from user & execute accordingly .... this input is then ftp to another system as .txt (which i have done too) Now in the same shell i wanna invoke a shell on system B to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: The_Archer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using shell script

Hi I need to telnet a device with IP Address and port. After logging in, I need to execute some commands in that device. Please find the example below telnet 170.10.11.1 2100 #170.10.11.1 is the IP address. 2100 is the Port after telnet, the device will show the command prompt as : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudharsan23
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

how to call a particular function from one shell another shell script

please help me in this script shell script :1 *********** >cat file1.sh #!/bin/bash echo "this is first file" function var() { a=10 b=11 } function var_1() { c=12 d=13 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Call

Can someone help me figure out how to call a c program from this shell script? I want to echo a #9 option and have it call and execute a c file called dmcc.c. #!/bin/sh # dmc.sh #clear # display menu   while : do echo "1. Display date and time." echo "2. Display what users are doing."... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiro
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a function in Shell..?

#!/bin/bash FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" This code will work fine. BUT is it possible to make the following to work ? FUN_ECHO "hi how are you ?" FUN_ECHO(){ echo $1 } I know that the code will be executed line by line. But i have a number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet using shell Scripting

i have written a script as shown below : telnet 10.161.240.2 8100 <?xml version="1.0"?> <login_command> <sequence id="1" /> <access id="1"/> <user name = "user1" password = "pass"/> </login_command> <?xml version="1.0"?> <RegistrationDescriptor> <sequence id="1" /> <access id="1"/>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akrati1
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using telnet in my shell script

Hello Guys, I have a linux server where I already logged in, once logged in, i telnet to local host using some dedicated port and do some action. This I can easily do manually. Since I need to fire a lot requests so I would like to optimize it using a shell script to avoid telnetting each... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umarsatti
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)					     systemd-machine-id-setup					     SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time with a randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. This tool will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is already initialized. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is passed via the -uuid option this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID instead of a randomly generated one. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instanced of the VM. Similar, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is set for the container this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. OPTIONS
This tool does not take any options or arguments. EXIT STATUS
On success 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), dbus-uuidgen(1) AUTHOR
Lennart Poettering <lennart@poettering.net> Developer NOTES
1. Container Interface http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 10/07/2013 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID(1)