Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Networking Configuration for between UNIX and Windows OS Post 39206 by svaly on Sunday 10th of August 2003 12:04:00 PM
Old 08-10-2003
www.samba.org

is that what are you looking for?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Networking UNIX with WINDOWS

I am not that great with unix yet, We use them to run our test equipnemt for work. I am now trying to set them all up on the same network (hub) Is there a way that you can make the Windows unit see the Unix Box? I can only transfer file through a FTP program from the Unix to windows. ( This all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrb22250
2 Replies

2. IP Networking

troubles networking Windows machines to RH7.1 Linux

i hear everyone talking about this SAMBA "service" that comes with Linux distros...im having no luck getting this to work, neither one of the boxes on the network sees each other. im only an intermediate level user of Linux...Networking with Windows machines is relatively new to me, so you can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there! We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: huilai
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking Linux 2 windows server

How do i network my linux 7 machine to a windows 98 server.I can ping them but how do i see them in explorer and how can i surf in netscape on my linux machine? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
3 Replies

5. IP Networking

networking linux to windows server

I have a linux 7 machine and i want to able to connect it to my windows 98 server.What do i do.They can ping each other but how do i make them see each other e.g be able to copy and send files to each other and surf??? how do i set up netscape to connect to my servers web server??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perleo
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mandrake and Windows XP networking

I have a main computer which is running windows xp and has my internet connection. I also have my laptop which is running mandrake 9.0. I am completely new to lunix and was wondering how to network the two together so i can share my modem (can't afford broadband yet) In windows xp there were no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kickyr
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking unix & windows

I have very basic question: I have 2 windows sytem & 1 Unix system & wanted to put all three system into one network to each other. what kind of other hardware I need? like cable , router? can anybody tell me the configuration? like how to connect to external hardware to put into network? ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kar1
9 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Linux and Windows Configuration Security

Hi, I have the following situation and proposed solution: SITUATION I have a notebook computer. The manufacturer ships the hardware with a Windows OS (either XP Pro, Vista or Windows 7). They provide support only for a Windows OS. Also, I am not sure how fuss-free it is to use any Linux... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hanz
0 Replies

9. Linux

Linux networking configuration

I have a question concerning default gateways in RHEL. In Linux, the default gateway does not have to be associated with a specific interface - when you look at your routing table with route -n, your default gateway can be associated with the default route on the last line, and doesn't have to be... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rojizo
0 Replies
GETPEEREID(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					     GETPEEREID(3)

NAME
getpeereid -- get the effective credentials of a UNIX-domain peer LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> int getpeereid(int s, uid_t *euid, gid_t *egid); DESCRIPTION
The getpeereid() function returns the effective user and group IDs of the peer connected to a UNIX-domain socket. The argument s must be a UNIX-domain socket (unix(4)) of type SOCK_STREAM on which either connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. The effective used ID is placed in euid, and the effective group ID in egid. The credentials returned to the listen(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called connect(2); the credentials returned to the connect(2) caller are those of its peer at the time it called listen(2). This mechanism is reliable; there is no way for either side to influence the credentials returned to its peer except by calling the appropriate system call (i.e., either connect(2) or listen(2)) under different effective credentials. One common use of this routine is for a UNIX-domain server to verify the credentials of its client. Likewise, the client can verify the cre- dentials of the server. IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
On FreeBSD, getpeereid() is implemented in terms of the LOCAL_PEERCRED unix(4) socket option. RETURN VALUES
The getpeereid() function returns the value 0 if successful; otherwise the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indi- cate the error. ERRORS
The getpeereid() function fails if: [EBADF] The argument s is not a valid descriptor. [ENOTSOCK] The argument s is a file, not a socket. [ENOTCONN] The argument s does not refer to a socket on which connect(2) or listen(2) have been called. [EINVAL] The argument s does not refer to a socket of type SOCK_STREAM, or the kernel returned invalid data. SEE ALSO
connect(2), getpeername(2), getsockname(2), getsockopt(2), listen(2), unix(4) HISTORY
The getpeereid() function appeared in FreeBSD 4.6. BSD
July 15, 2001 BSD