Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX -openbsd /i386
Operating Systems BSD UNIX -openbsd /i386 Post 39204 by hrk2006 on Sunday 10th of August 2003 02:08:46 AM
Old 08-10-2003
UNIX -openbsd /i386

I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up

////////////////////////////////////////////
Password =

Please Enter The System Logon:
///////////////////////////////////////////

First i though that it was due to changing the setting of boot up/password or bios password, but after unpluging the CMOS Batter/Drum Battery , it still shows the same message and after 3 *wrong guess/tries the system shut off itself.

can't even log in/get in the system.

Any comment.

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386

I set up a cheap-o box here to play with... I disabled all of my r* services, and plenty of other stuff... (Sure does install a lot of stuff running by default!). I use Reflections X from my NT Workstation to connect. Up until I disabled those services, it worked fairly well. Now I connect and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 on a i386

Hi, I am trying to installing solaris on a intel PC, but I am unable to do it. So my question is where can I find some good documents (I tried sun.com did not find any thing). If I want to dual boot between Linux and Solaris, would I install solaris first if so why? Thanks alot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the differences among i386, i486, i586?

I know it is a silly question, but when I tried to order or download some linux distributions, they have the options for i386, i486, i586, alpha, IA64, M68K, etc.. Does i386 mean intel-80386? Why when I told the webmaster that my pc is intel piii 933, he told me to download the i386 version?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX -openbsd /i386

UNIX -openbsd /i386 I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing php-4.3.3-2.i386.rpm

Ok when i try to run the install the is what i get How can i fix this can anyone help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris I386 ifconfig devices ??

I want to configure my Network card. On solaris 9 i386. How to know the good Network device. I use prtconf to display the device list. I'm searching the device name. Like ifconfig device_name plumb thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl() system call on Linux-i386

Greetings, Please help me with the following : Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux/386 : FIOxxx (file IOCTL requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal IOCTL requests) ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aigoia
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ethereal Solaris i386

Hello guys, I am trying to install ethereal in Solaris10 based on i386 system. But i can find only packet for sparc. Any idea? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BSD Unix Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD

Usually when I on the evening go to bed I take some interesting book with me. I read it for a while to get me down to sleep. Probably most people seek information from the Nett by googleing but I am so oldfashioned I prefer a real book ;) But what a book. The one I found and ordered is BSD Unix®... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fossiili
0 Replies
answer(1)						      General Commands Manual							 answer(1)

NAME
answer - phone message transcription system SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The interactive program helps you to transcribe telephone (and other) messages into electronic mail. The program uses your personal alias database and the system alias database, allowing you to use aliases to address the messages. Options supports the following options: Prompt for phone-slip-type message fields. Allow addresses that are not aliases. Operation begins with the prompt. Enter a one-word alias or a two-word user name ("Words" are separated by spaces.) The user name is converted to an alias in the form where f is the first character of the first word, lastword is the second word, and all letters are shifted to lower- case. For example, is converted to the alias Without the option, the specified or converted alias must exist in the alias databases. With the option, if the processed "alias" is not in the alias databases, it is used for the address as is. The fully expanded address is displayed. With the option, you are asked for typical message slip data: Enter the appropriate data. You can put just an or nothing after the pertinent dash prompts, or you can type longer comments. Whatever you enter becomes part of the message. Lines with no added text are omitted from the message. Finally, you are prompted for a message. Enter a message, if any, ending with a blank line. The message is sent and the prompt is repeated. To end the program, enter any one of or at the prompt. EXAMPLES
User input is in normal type. With No Options This example shows a valid alias, an invalid user name, and a valid user name. In the invalid case, the converted alias is displayed in square brackets. With the -u Option If you enter the previous error is treated differently. With the -p Option If you enter the phone-slip prompts are added. The three lines with no added text are deleted from the message. FILES
User alias database data table User alias database directory table User alias database hash table User alias source text System alias database data table System alias database directory table System alias database hash table System alias source text Outbound mail message edit buffer AUTHOR
was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
elm(1), newalias(1). answer(1)