Sponsored Content
Special Forums Cybersecurity Is there any Javascript things for Lynx? Post 38980 by RTM on Friday 1st of August 2003 12:04:17 PM
Old 08-01-2003
The description of Lynx (from lynx
Quote:
Lynx is a text browser for the World Wide Web.
As such, it will not be able to view javascript as Netscape and Explorer do. You might want to check out Mozilla if you are not wanting to use Netscape or Explorer.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Surfing the web with Lynx

Linux detected my modem(finally!) and I then proceeded it to configure it with Minicom according to the instructions here. I got it configured, and can dial up to my ISP, but now I am trying to figure out how to get Lynx to use the connection. Any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Furtoes00
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lynx via crontab

I've written a program using the bourne shell (I think) #!/bin/bash that goes through a database and for each line does lynx "http://www.example.com/test.cgi?var=variable" The whole point of this was to later move it into the crontab so that once a day it would run this program on a website. Now... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sstevens
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Downloading with lynx

Hi there! I one saw a command that allowed to download a file using lynx from an HTTP server without opening lynx itself. Looked something like this: $ lynx -xyz http://localhost/foo.bar ~/foo.bar I looked into lynx manpages and help but didn't find anything. Thank you in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: D-Lexy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx startup

how to add an GUI application in a lynx 9.0 server start up. replies appreciated. raguram R (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
4 Replies

5. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Lynx / Links

Is there a particular style that works better than the default for lynx / links / other text-browsers? Since my most commonly-used home machines have of RAM, I try to avoid XWindows / Netscape as much as possible. I have found, however, that the default isn't very easy to navigate in 24x80... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening non-html files in lynx??

when i try to open a txt file in lynx I need to provide the filename or use wildcards to open. Autocompletion doesn't work for some reason. Also, trying to open files like: .sh, .py etc. ends up in the following error: lynx: Start file could not be found or is not text/html or text/plain ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx

lynx Hi there , how to use this command ?? is it t to download files with any type(.zip,.exe,.xxx) ?? and i want example thx ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: XPS
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lynx browser + SSL

I want to browse to java.sun.. to download Java JDK I built openSSL then tried to build lynx to use it by: ./configure --with-ssl It finds the ssl .h files but cant link, last 3 lines from .configure are: checking for openssl include directory... yes checking if we can link to ssl... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikebgx
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I'm a noob at Lynx...

So... I'm using lynx on a Mac... I didn't know that the whole dang thing is in Terminal? I rarely use terminal. I can't even figure out how to start the thing up. I type in lynx into it and press enter... And the cursor just goes down. Nothing happens like the FAQ websites describe. I feel so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yennster
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx

theres a form with these fields <form name="cpgform" id="cpgform" method="post" action="update.php"> <input type="text" name="user" size="30" class="textinput" /> <input type="password" name="pass" size="30" class="textinput" /> <input type="hidden" name="method" value="admin" />... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)