Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hide code in shell script???
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Hide code in shell script??? Post 38947 by Perderabo on Thursday 31st of July 2003 11:41:49 AM
Old 07-31-2003
I just tried it on HP-UX 11.0, i get:
Code:
./xyz: ./xyz: cannot open

And on SunOS 5.6:
Code:
/usr/bin/ksh: ./xyz: cannot open

seems like a problem to me. What OS are you using?

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 08-11-2010 at 01:48 AM.. Reason: added code tags

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide user inputted text for interactive unix shell script?

Hi everybody, Do you know how to hide the text for interactive unix shell script? Just like the case for inputting password during logon. Patrick (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patrickpang
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide a script ?

Hi all, i have a perl script for my users to run. My sys admin created an account for the users to log in and execute the script. They just type "perl myscript.pl" at the unix prompt to run it. Is there any way that i can hide my script? ,ie, do not allow my users to view the script. either... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How Do I Hide the Password in a Script

Hi, I am writing a UNIX .ksh script and need to send the login password of the login id that is executing the script to a command that I am executing in the script. I don't want that password to be seen by anyone except whoever is executing the script. Does anyone know how I can accomplish... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samd
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide my shell commands

I am writing a tool that connects using SSH to a remote server and perform some actions (through root) However - I would like to hide my operations so they will be hard to track. I tried STRACE on the SSHD process and saw all the traffic going there so I am quite transparent to STRACE ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yamsin789
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to hide shell terminal and run prompt program after ssh login for specified user

Hey guys, I have some task from my office to lock user on the specified directory after the user logged on using ssh. And then run prompt program to fill the required information. Yeah, just like an ATM system. My question: How could I do those?? AFAIK I have to edit the ~./bashrc. But the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hide bash code which is inside C plus plus program

I am embedding bash in cpp. Can the bash code be hidden (when we cat the executable to not be able to see the bash code) The simple code I am using: #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; #define test1 "\ #!/bin/sh --posix \n\ echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frad
1 Replies

7. Programming

How to hide from UNIX strings - obfuscate or hide a literal or constant?

Hi, I need to somehow pipe the password to a command and run some SQL, for example, something like echo $password | sqlplus -s system @query01.sql To make it not so obvious, I decided to try out writing a small C program that basically just do echo $password. So now I just do x9.out | sqlplus... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide password in shell script?

I am writing a shell script for sql loader (just copy part of the code) : For security reason, I have to put the below loginName and password into another separate file instead of in the same file of this script. Anyone can give me a hand. Thanks. Shell Script :... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jaewong
12 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)