Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to add 2 gateway routes?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to add 2 gateway routes? Post 38795 by cstovall on Friday 25th of July 2003 11:09:04 AM
Old 07-25-2003
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure of how to add an entry for
an ip range for my internal network. I used the entry
"host 10.1.0.0 gateway" for the whole 10.1.0.0 range.
It appears to have worked.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aix Add Gateway

I have a AIX lates OS. I;m trying to setup a remote office using a telnet section and for some reazon it wont let me login in to the server. I've done this type of configuration on a SCO 5.0.6 . In SCO there is a file call S99route and that is where you put the gateway and it works just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
3 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to add another default gateway

I am using HP-UX 11i and I need to add another default gateway. how can I do that ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: salhoub
3 Replies

3. SCO

how to add default routes in SCO

Hi, I add following routes manually each time system reboots: #route add 192.168.1.0 -gateway 192.168.0.90 #route add 192.168.200.0 -gateway 192.168.0.200 Is there any way in SCO 7.1.1 to automate this route add process? i.e. each time system reboots, it automatically adds these routes in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tayyabq8
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Add gateway

Hi Community, I've a question about network adaptors. I've installed Solaris 10 configuring the ce0 port with an IP(10.23.8.15) , an interface_name (first) and a gateway(10.23.8.1) . I need to change the name of the interface ce0 and to configure another interface (ce1) with another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunb3
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Where could I save the routes created using route add ?

Hey Gurus. My routes add using route add , are lost , after reboot.....where caould i save this routes a dont lost them ? Sun Solaris 10 is my OS. Thanks in advance, AGADEA. Unix ADMIN (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aggadtech08
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Add Static Routes to new physical address

Hi, I need help to add new route: 10.252.0.138, GW 10.252.0.129 to e1000g1 and 10.252.0.10, GW 10.252.0.1 to e1000g2 tnx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 5.0.5 Add routes for new networks

Hi all, n00b here. We currently have 3 SCO 5.0.5 machines in our network that run a mission management system. Our internal network was always a 10.0.0.0 network and the machines worked fine. Our company is going through a network upgrade for VoIP and some of our departments are now on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gibson_hg
5 Replies

8. Linux

GNUGK-How to setup static gateway to gateway routing

Dear Sir I am a newbie in the world of IP telephony. I have been working with Asterisk PBX (SIP) and Cisco Call Manager (MGCP) but now I am learning on how to work GNUGK for H.323 Gatekeeper. I am having a problem, configuring static call routing on GNUGK in the section ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfondoum
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Cannot add gateway

Hi, OS: Solaris 11.2 64bit IP address: 172.16.10.10 Netmask: 255.255.254.0 Gateway: 172.16.2.254 From windows box, i can set and ping gateway. IP address is same segment with windows box. But on solaris i cannot set gateway. route add default 172.16.2.254 add net default: gateway... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Inconsistency between RedHat 6.5 global gateway and single gateway leads to loss of default gateway

Dear friends I use RedHat 6.5, which sets the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.26, and the gateway in the configuration file / etc / sysconfig / network-scripts / ifcfg-eth11 as GATEWAY = 192.168.1.256. The two gateways are different.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanpeng
6 Replies
add entry(1m)															     add entry(1m)

NAME
add entry - Adds a name service entry to the name service database SYNOPSIS
rpccp add entry entry-name [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target name service entry. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell- relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add entry command adds an unspecialized entry to the name service database. The name of the entry is required. The new entry initially contains no NSI attributes. This command creates a general name service entry for an application or user. The application or user can later use the export, add element, and add member commands to make the generic entry into a server entry, a group, or a profile (or a combination), as follows: For a server entry, specify the new entry as the target entry for the rpccp export command. For a group, specify the new entry as the target group for the rpccp add member command. For a profile, specify the new entry as the tar- get profile for the rpccp add element command. The add entry command enables administrators to add entries for users who lack the required permissions. If you have the permissions required by the add entry command, you can also add an entry using an export, add member, or add element command; if the entry you specify does not exist, the command creates the entry. Privilege Required To add an entry, you need insert permission to the parent directory and both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target name service entry). NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands start RPCCP and add an unspecialized entry to the name service database: $ rpccp rpccp> add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_2 The following command operates from the system prompt to add an unspecialized entry to the name service data- base: $ rpccp add entry > /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove entry(1m), show entry(1m) add entry(1m)