Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Asking on cut script
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Asking on cut script Post 38764 by blueberry80 on Friday 25th of July 2003 06:18:56 AM
Old 07-25-2003
Question Asking on cut script

Hi, as i spool some data into a tmp.log file ${SQL_LOG} which contained the below :

1 row updated.

1 row created.

----------

Commit complete.

then as i wanted to cut the value of 111 into a variable ,i put as this ksh script and echo it out:
JOB_ID=`head -10 ${SQL_LOG} | -b cut 1-10 '
echo $JOB_ID

but the echo will print as one straight line :
1 row updated. 1 row created. 111 ---------- 111

How do i write ksh script to cut the value 111 out ???

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to cut a word from the file

hi to all i wrote a script to cut a word from the file....that works only if the word is fixed field. example.. sed -n '1p'|awk '{ print $2 }'|cut -d '(' -f2|sed 's/(//'|sed 's/)//'|sed 's/"//g' filename i know that word is starting with "app" then "(" ----> ex: app("xxxx"). it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: honeym210
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange thing with 'cut' in a script

When I run the script I have just created, I get a strange scenario around the following code: echo "Check for duplicate UID's, each user should have a unique user ID (UID)" echo "IF a UID is displayed fix or document why it is required!" echo "Press enter to continue!" read a cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sport
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cut an sql script output

Hi i want to cut the first field of this output obtained form sql script more dxlocks_test.log.1 SID SERIAL# SPID ---------- ---------- --------- 25 18356 1029 78 39370 1025 136 14361 1027 ================================ cut -f1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aishwaryakala
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut out string in bash script

Hi all, I'm trying to extract string from variable in BASH. That's probably trivial for grep but I couldn't figure it out. I want to get name, there's sometimes digit after it, but it should be left out. STRING=http://name5.domain.com:8000/file.dat Could someone help me with that? Any... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cootue
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use cut or sed for my little script.

Hello people, I have a little script that has to compare some files (exe files)... so i find all the files in the given paths (2 paths) and it generates 2 txt files (named 1.txt and 2.txt, they have to be identical) i need to have a little IF function to compare the 2 files and see if they are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: valiadi
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut in shell script

Hi All, Am a Beginner to shell scripting, so please pardon my question. Below is the file format of file a.txt a.txt F=3 a|b|c|d 1|2|3|4 as|as|asd|asd Aas|as|asd|ada In the above file format, i have record count of total no of records excluding the header file here 3 , this varies... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sp999
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cut Command error cut: Bad range

Hi Can anyone what I am doing wrong while using cut command. for f in *.log do logfilename=$f Log "Log file Name: $logfilename" logfile1=`basename $logfilename .log` flength=${#logfile1} Log "file length $flength" from_length=$(($flength - 15)) Log "from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need script to cut string from a filename

Hi, I need a script which do below I have a filename: TEST2013_09_17_XX_XX_XX.csv Now script should create a new file with name: XX_XX_XX.csv Or I should say i need the output as XX_XX_XX.csv Please help. Mant thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sv0081493
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using :<<cut / cut to comment out block of bash script

I am using : << cut / cut to comment out block of code. Works fine on few lines of script, then it gives me this cryptic error when I try to comment out about 80 lines. The "warning " is at last line of script. done < results 169 echo "END read all positioning parameters" 170... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: annacreek
8 Replies
INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)							 1						       INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)

ingres_fetch_row - Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array

SYNOPSIS
array ingres_fetch_row (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
ingres_fetch_row(3) returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows. Each result column is stored in an array offset, starting at offset 1. Subsequent calls to ingres_fetch_row(3) return the next row in the result set, or FALSE if there are no more rows. By default, arrays created by ingres_fetch_row(3) start from position 1 and not 0 as with other DBMS extensions. The starting position can be adjusted to 0 using the configuration parameter ingres.array_index_start. Note Related Configurations See also the ingres.array_index_start, ingres.fetch_buffer_size and ingres.utf8 directives in Runtime Configuration. PARAMETERS
o $result - The query result identifier RETURN VALUES
Returns an array that corresponds to the fetched row, or FALSE if there are no more rows EXAMPLES
Example #1 Fetch a row of result into an enumerated array <?php $link = ingres_connect($database, $user, $password); $result = ingres_query($link, "select * from table"); while ($row = ingres_fetch_row($result)) { echo $row[1]; echo $row[2]; } ?> SEE ALSO
ingres_num_fields(3), ingres_query(3), ingres_fetch_array(3), ingres_fetch_assoc(3), ingres_fetch_object(3). PHP Documentation Group INGRES_FETCH_ROW(3)