Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DHCP Server Suggestions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DHCP Server Suggestions Post 3864 by coreyhead on Thursday 12th of July 2001 01:15:05 PM
Old 07-12-2001
Thanks Neo...but I probably should have been more specific. I'm looking for something that is Solaris native. Any other suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DHCP server question

hi all... i have a question about of the dhcp server.... how i can configurate 3 vlans on the server....? thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
5 Replies

2. AIX

AIX & DHCP Server

Dear people, i have a problem with my DHCP Server based on an AIX. I try to evaluate my dhcpsd.log and find some errors. But now i'm missing a documentation about this errors. For example "protocol_spsm: address check failed". i would be happy if someone could tell me where to find a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ektoplasma2000
0 Replies

3. Web Development

Ubuntu Brainstorm? Server software suggestions please!

I'd like to find a similar sort of software, not ideatorrent, because that would require a full installation of drupal, but some very simple software for users to submit/vote on ideas/proposals for a semi-democratic committee that I'm on. I'd like to enable the people whom this committee... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptaxpn
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Is a Solaris dhcp server better than windows?

hi, we are moving to dhcp from a static ip and i'm thinking which should best be the DHCP server? i have a windows 2003 server and a solaris 10 running on sun's m5000 server. Note to pinoy43v3r: Your avatar was NSFW. We changed it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinoy43v3r
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

DHCP Server address

Where can you find your DHCP Server address? I checked all of the files that this mentioned with no luck. Quick HOWTO : Ch08 : Configuring the DHCP Server - Linux Home Networking (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
6 Replies

6. IP Networking

DHCP server discover

I need a script to scan the surrounding DHCP servers. I want to know how many dhcp servers are there on my connected etnernet. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris DHCP Server

I need to find out the MAC address of an IP leased from DHCP server . For Eg:-i need to know the MAC of the below mentioned IP at the below mentioned time . IP : 172.16.28.90 Date :Sunday July 2nd 2011 Time : 14.07.2011 OS -Solaris 10 Vital QIP IP management software using to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep.tk
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Server Monitoring Suggestions

Hi all - newb here. We're a Windows shop and I'm looking for something that I could stand up to monitor various aspects of our servers. I'm specifically looking for something that can: verify that servers are up verify services are up verify remote sites are up/accessible monitor CPU &... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phylum
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Ignite-ux and dhcp server Linux

I try to start a integrity vm machine using ignite-ux and my usual dhcp server on linux. Ip of server ignite is =192.168.0.16 Ip of dhcpd is = 192.168.0.2 Ip of client vm = 192.168.0.18 I try to boot from lan Booting over the network Loading.: lanboot Client MAC Address: XXXXXXXXXX ..... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
5 Replies

10. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Server in VM - DHCP Server not working

Hello. Doing my first steps in Linux and while trying to configure a DHCP server in Linux i encountered some problems: TOPOLOGY: - Laptop with Windows 8.1 - VM Player 12 with Linux installed (Ubuntu Server 14.04) - ICS-DHCP-SERVER installed and running - Another LAPTOP conected to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Portuguevos
1 Replies
trusted_extensions(5)					Standards, Environments, and Macros				     trusted_extensions(5)

NAME
trusted_extensions - Solaris Trusted Extensions DESCRIPTION
SolarisTM Trusted Extensions software is a specific configuration of the Solaris Operating System (Solaris OS). Solaris Trusted Extensions (Trusted Extensions) provides labels for local objects and processes, for the desktop and windowing system, for zones and file systems, and for network communications. These labels are used to implement a Multilevel Security (MLS) policy that restricts the flow of information based on label relationships. In contrast to Discretionary Access Control (DAC) based on ownership, the MLS policy enforced by Trusted Extensions is an example of Mandatory Access Control (MAC). By default, Trusted Extensions software is disabled. It is enabled and disabled (but not configured) by the labeld(1M) service, identified by the FMRI: svc:/system/labeld:default Refer to the Administrator's Guide listed below for the required configuration of Trusted Extensions software necessary before use. The system must be rebooted after enabling or disabling labeld to activate or deactivate Trusted Extensions software. SEE ALSO
labeld(1M), label_encodings(4), labels(5) Solaris Trusted Extensions Administrator's Procedures Solaris Trusted Extensions User's Guide SunOS 5.11 12 Nov 2007 trusted_extensions(5)