Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers printing to mulitple printers Post 38515 by MizzGail on Thursday 17th of July 2003 01:50:37 PM
Old 07-17-2003
Question printing to mulitple printers

I want to send a single report from my application to mulitple printers with one command.
I tried using a synomym and assigning it to different printers, but it stops when it finds the first hit.

Has anyone done this at the unix level through printcap?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk with mulitple FS

Hi, I would like to get 5th field from this output using FS. Filesystem 1024-blocks Used Available Capacity Mounted on 172.29.138.222:/vol/vol0 311936256 2565248 309371008 1% /tmp/test My command is df -kP | awk ' BEGIN { FS="" ; } { print $5 ; } ' For some... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help on Mulitple files mutliple actions

Hi all, I have mistkanely gzipped twice an entire folder and sub folders, and also renamed the files during that process. I am trying to undo this, and I need help to create the batch to work on it. All folders are under my images directory, I have a output.txt file that holds all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saariko
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Opening Mulitple files using For loop in Perl

Hi All, I have a total of ten file to open in the Perl script and i am using a for loop to open each file and capture some strings inside each file. Unfortunately, i encounter the below syntax error. I think there should be something wrong with this term reports_${counting}_${_}.txt but i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

opening mulitple different videos with mplayer and placing them in x,y coordinates?

howdy. can you place mplayer windows on the screen anywhere? i would like to open four movie files from command line and make them show up on screen like this ----- ----- | 1 | | 2 | ----- ----- | 3 | | 4 | ----- ----- hopefully my ascii representation makes some sense. and i would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danpaluska
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mulitple grep using tail

I have a basic tail/grep question. I have logs that are generated & kept in a directory called alert_audit. I am using "tail" to see the logs that are coming in, but I only need logs that contain the IP address 10.249.185. or 10.247.231. Here is the command I have, but it pulls all IP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertson1995
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Mulitple Zones on Dual NIC host

Greetings Forumers! I am running into an issue with multiple zones on an M5000 with 2 NICs. The NICs are on separate VLANs. These zones are using the 2 NICs to communicate with other systems but when they need to communicate with a zone on the same system, but different NIC, the application... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bluescreen
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mulitple rows update by sed command

Hi All, I need to update 2 rows in my file. But i can do only one row update by sed command. Please help me how can i change mutltiple rows in single sed commana my i/p file: (example.txt) record integer (10) present_id; string (10) first_name; string (10) last_name; string... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdathu
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Slow printing to network printers using CUPS

Hi Guys, I've inherited a mess of an infrastructure in my new job, there hasn't been a sys admin in post for about a year, so things are falling apart. The first thing to break after I started was the printer server. I have it working again, and people can print, however it's very slow, slower... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudigarude
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

substitution to mulitple files

Hello all, I am trying to make a script that will apply a substitution to any number of files given on the command line. Example would be ~/Unix/script/subst car boat myFile1.txt myFile2.txt myFile3.txt This is the code I have so far but it does not function as needed. PAT=$1 shift... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramn214
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find and replace mulitple charaters in filenames

I have a virtual pdf printer set up on my server which produces files with the following prefix: smbprn_00000044_Microsoft_Word_-_OriginalFilename.pdfthe number in the center of the file increase by one for each new file. I want to remove all the charaters infront of OriginalFilename.pdf using... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: barrydocks
14 Replies
lpget(1M)						  System Administration Commands						 lpget(1M)

NAME
lpget - get printing configuration SYNOPSIS
lpget [-k key] [destination... | list] DESCRIPTION
The lpget utility reads printing configuration information from the configuration databases in $HOME/.printers, /etc/printers.conf, print- ers.conf.byname, and printers.org_dir printer. This information, called a configuration report, is displayed to the standard output. See printers(4) and printers.conf(4) for information about the printer configuration databases. lpget displays a configuration report for all keys for the specified destination or destinations by default. Use the -k option to display a configuration report for specific keys. Use the list operand to display a configuration report for all configured destinations. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -k key Displays a configuration report for key. See printers.conf(4) for information about specifying key. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: destination Displays a configuration report for destination. Destination can be either a printer of a class of printers. See lpad- min(1M). Specify destination using atomic or POSIX-style (server:destination) names. See printers.conf(4) for information regarding the naming conventions for atomic names and standards(5) for information concerning POSIX. list Displays a configuration report for all configured destinations. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Displaying a Configuration Report for the bsdaddr Key The following example displays a configuration report for the bsdaddr key for printer catalpa. example% lpget -k bsdaddr catalpa Example 2 A Configuration Report for all Keys for all Configured Destinations The following example displays a configuration report for all keys for all configured destinations. example% lpget list EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/etc/printers.conf System printer configuration database. $HOME/.printers User-configurable printer database. printers.conf.byname NIS version of /etc/printers.conf. printers.org_dir NIS+ version of /etc/printers.conf. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpcu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Stability Level |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ldap(1), lp(1), lpc(1B), lpq(1B), lpr(1B), lpstat(1), lpadmin(1M), lpset(1M), printers(4), printers.conf(4), attributes(5), standards(5) NOTES
Be mindful of the following if the LDAP database is used as the name service. If the ldapclient(1M) server is a replica LDAP server, LDAP printer database updates may not appear immediately, as the replica server may not not have been updated by the master server and can be out of sync. For example, a printer that you deleted by using lpset(1M) may still appear in the printer list you display with lpget until the replica is updated from the master. Replica servers vary as to how often they are updated from the master. Refer to the for more information on LDAP replication. SunOS 5.11 23 May 2003 lpget(1M)