Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do i do this ?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how do i do this ? Post 38293 by amicrawler2000 on Thursday 10th of July 2003 10:59:41 PM
Old 07-10-2003
Power how do i do this ?

how do i make new hdd for mandrake 9.0
i have a 10 gb drive with root or /boot/swap/ ./
i'v ran out of room how do i add a drive in it like windows xop does you add the drive and wa la
it sayes it ready to use and you can add more to root and so on like you never ran out of room so how to i linux
amicrawler2000

GRUB-INSTALL(8) 							FSF							   GRUB-INSTALL(8)

NAME
grub-install - install GRUB on your drive SYNOPSIS
grub-install [OPTION] install_device DESCRIPTION
Install GRUB on your drive. -h, --help print this message and exit -v, --version print the version information and exit --root-directory=DIR install GRUB images under the directory DIR instead of the root directory --grub-shell=FILE use FILE as the grub shell --no-floppy do not probe any floppy drive --force-lba force GRUB to use LBA mode even for a buggy BIOS --recheck probe a device map even if it already exists INSTALL_DEVICE can be a GRUB device name or a system device filename. grub-install copies GRUB images into the DIR/boot directory specfied by --root-directory, and uses the grub shell to install grub into the boot sector. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
grub(8), update-grub(8). The full documentation for grub-install is maintained as a Texinfo manual in the grub-legacy-doc package. If the info and grub-install programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-install should give you access to the complete manual. grub-install (GNU GRUB 0.97) January 2013 GRUB-INSTALL(8)