Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Communication over firewall
Special Forums Cybersecurity Communication over firewall Post 38280 by ajnabi on Thursday 10th of July 2003 03:43:41 PM
Old 07-10-2003
Firewall is hardware and we are using Nokia, using Nortell routers.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

serial communication

This isn't really a unix question, or even a programming question, but I hope you guys can help. I want to create a program to control the electricity on a model railway. I have created the program to that it sends characters over the serial cable, but now I need to do the switch that will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interprocess communication status

hello gurus, I was wondering if someone would help me shed more light on this command. What I know so far is ipcs - stands for inter-process communication status and it reports on the following types of system resources. 1) Message queues 2) Shared memory and 3) Semaphores Please explain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
4 Replies

3. Solaris

help on network communication

Hi, Can anyone suggest a Unix command or c-shell algorithm to simulate to behavior of "wall" command minus the "all users"? What I'm trying to do is to send a notice to just one particular user but i dont want other remotely-logged-on users to receive the message (on the pseudo-terminals). I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deanne
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Communication Failures

HI ALL, I have been trying to install a particular software using remote linux server. some thing like this: rsh <host ID> /usr/sbin/swinstall -x autoreboot=true -s /tmp/<software> <Product name>. The problem is whenever I try to install the product through a shell script the installation... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: barun agarwal
1 Replies

5. AIX

communication problems

hello i'v two aix servers 4.3. last night the goes down becuse electrical f problems. when the servers comes up i've notice that file /unix is gone. i've fix it and the problem fixed. after few hours the same crash becuse elctrical problems. file /unix is there , but now i've a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ariec
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interprocess Communication

Hiya Everybody just joined, Not sure if this is the right section:o I require abit of an assistance with IPC! I know there are different types of IPC porcesses like signals, semaphores, mutexes, shared memory, message queues, pipes and sockets. Now say a system has a number of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: G.I.Joe
4 Replies
FIREWALL-APPLET(1)						  firewall-applet						FIREWALL-APPLET(1)

NAME
firewall-applet - firewalld applet SYNOPSIS
firewall-applet [OPTIONS...] DESCRIPTION
firewall-applet is a tray applet for firewalld. OPTIONS
firewall-applet does not support any special options. The only options that can be used are the general options that Gtk uses for Gtk application initialization. For more information on these options, please have a look at the runtime documentation for Gtk. The following options are supported: -h, --help Prints a short help text and exists. GSETTINGS
firewall-applet has additional settings to adapt the look and feel. The used backend depends on the distribution and can be either dconf or GConf. The path to the settings is org.fedoraproject.FirewallApplet. You can use dconf-editor or gconf-editor to see and modify them. The following settings are supported: notifications The applet shows notifications if enabled. This setting can be enabled also in the applet with the "Enable Notifications" checkbox in the right mouse menu. This setting defaults to false. If notifications are shown for these actions if enabled: o Connection to firewalld established o Connection to firewalld lost o Firewall has been reloaded o Default zone has been changed o Panic mode has been enabled or disabled o Activation, deactivation or change of zones bound to interfaces o Activation, deactivation or change of zones bound to sources addresses show-inactive Show applet also if firewalld is not running. If firewalld has been stopped or is not running the applet will be hidden and not visible in the applet tray. Enable this setting to see the applet all the time for example to be sure that the firewall is active. This setting defaults to false. shields-up The shields-up zone name to be used if shields-up is enabled. This setting defaults to 'block'. shields-down The shields-down zone name to be used if shields-up has been deactivated again. This setting defaults to 'public'. blink If enabled, the applet icon blinks in these cases: o Connection to firewalld lost o Panic mode has been enabled or disabled This setting defaults to false. blink-count The number of blinks if blink is enabled. This setting defaults to 5. SEE ALSO
firewall-applet(1), firewalld(1), firewall-cmd(1), firewall-config(1), firewalld.conf(5), firewalld.direct(5), firewalld.icmptype(5), firewalld.lockdown-whitelist(5), firewall-offline-cmd(1), firewalld.richlanguage(5), firewalld.service(5), firewalld.zone(5), firewalld.zones(5) NOTES
firewalld home page at fedorahosted.org: http://fedorahosted.org/firewalld/ More documentation with examples: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FirewallD AUTHORS
Thomas Woerner <twoerner@redhat.com> Developer Jiri Popelka <jpopelka@redhat.com> Developer firewalld 0.3.9 FIREWALL-APPLET(1)