Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash passes flags to shell wrong Post 38111 by Perderabo on Monday 7th of July 2003 12:16:42 PM
Old 07-07-2003
If your first post you say that convert works fine from the command line...then you give an example showing -resize.

But when you complain that it is failing, you have switched from -resize to ?resize. Why the change? Is that the problem?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

what's wrong with my bash script?

hi, please point out what's wrong with my script. im feeding it a list containing fqdn, sit should ssh into each and verify that atleast one of its virtual backup ip resolves into one of its virtual hostnames .. anyway the objective shows in the script... however, im having problems in the ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check if parameter passes in contains certain string

Hi Guys, I am writing a Unix script which accepts a directory path as parameter $1 so something like /user5.data/WA/01 will be passed in. I want to determine if the directory path passed in contains "WA" as above (because then I need to do something specific if it does) What is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcunney
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help to fingure out what wrong with my tomcat restarting bash script

Hi, I am a nbee to Unix, I have used following script to check my tomcat is running or not and restart if it down. but actually it restart my tomcat each time running even my tomcat still running fine: Script that can run a check and perform an action if the check fails ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quyennd
1 Replies

4. AIX

find {start} -ls - Two Passes?

I have a "find {start} -ls" command listing all files and dirs in on the whole filesystem. As part of this it lists locations that contain temporary files and, sometimes when executing, it identifies a file but produces an ERROR when trying to list it. ERROR thrown: find: bad status--... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apiggott
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash conditional | getting logic wrong?

I have a file cat <<EOF > /tmp/test Line one Line two Line three EOF Now I am trying to get the exit stat ($?) of 1 if any text is found and 0 if any text is not found using grep, i.e. just reversing the exit status of grep # (snippet 1) this one is not working!!! retval $?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_gripmaster
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

What's wrong with my bash code?

I want to let sleep 3 in the background and echo $i pkglists="a b c d e f g" f() { local i set -- $pkglists && ((i +=2)) && sleep 3 &;echo $i } f (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
3 Replies
RESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set environment and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the appropriate environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and then read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out Resize determines the user's current shell by first checking if $SHELL is set, and using that. Otherwise it determines the user's shell by looking in the password file. Generally Bourne-shell variants (including ksh) do not modify $SHELL, so it is possible for resize to be confused if one runs resize from a Bourne shell spawned from a C shell. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed separately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. ENVIRONMENT
TERM set to "xterm" if not already set. TERMCAP variable set on systems using termcap COLUMNS, LINES variables set on systems using terminfo SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7) for a complete copyright notice. X Window System RESIZE(1)