Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NIX master in 30 days?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NIX master in 30 days? Post 37762 by Jody on Friday 27th of June 2003 04:39:48 PM
Old 06-27-2003
Does my heart good to see some people out there that know even less about UNIX/Linux than I do, especially after some of the boneheaded questions I've asked here.

At this job I am at now, I have had to learn Linux on the job. Within 3 months, I had built a DHCP server, a Web(Apache)Server, a DNS server that I found out later I did not need, and a Sendmail server. I also had to do a crash course on routing and VLAN's, and I also managed to FLUNK the RHCE exam, terribly.

Using this website and other sources on the 'Net, you can do all this and more(build firewalls with IPtables, compile a kernel, etc.), but you had better get started YESTERDAY if you want this done in a month, and be ready for some experimentation, because it won't be easy.

By the way, at 1 full year, I am a Linux/UNIX peon.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

*nix Desktops

Yeah, we all know where to find screenshots of Unix and Linux, but it would be awesome to see some of your *nix screenshots. Okay.. to explain: This is my KDE desktop on Yellow Dog Linux. I changed the background recently to a Commodore 64 theme (pretty cool) and no longer is the Konstruct Konsole... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnerd
25 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

*nix newb needs books

I am a total newbie to *nix systems. I can already see however that this is an important o/s and i must learn to use it. I also am aware that the information on how to use linux/unix is out there but it all relies on my knowing alot more about ths "nix's" then i do. What i'm asking, inshort, is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shifty
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Looking for something like Citrix for *nix

Hi, I don't mean the client.... I mean the server - I have the client to connect to a windows citrix server already. The next best thing I can use at present is VNC (I only want remote desktop, not application sharing specifically). The thing with VNC is that when you go on you are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: d11wtq
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls latest 4 days or specify days of files in the directory

Hi, I would like to list latest 2 days, 3 days or 4 days,etc of files in the directory... how? is it using ls? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performance data, *nix

Hello, I want to write a tool which fetches performance data from remote machines. Sounds easy? well there are some requirements: No extra "client" software should be needed on the hosts, remote shell access (e.g. SSH) should be enough. -> I'm limited to a small amount of tools. I want CPU,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eliteforce
8 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

radio/airwaves *nix?

hey there, new to the forums here. long story short, i have interests in both HAM radio and *nix OS's and want to start a project that will combine the two. so, the question is: are there any *nix flavors or other distros that were specifically designed for radio/airwave communications, or... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BartlettMagic
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Which is the most secure *nix?

Which is the most secure *nix for home business/ office use? Would have to be fairly well up to date browser and drivers wise. Myself I seem to have settled on RedHat - I've trialled the Desktop, and am part-way through a server trial. I've essentially not managed to keep the browser as secure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSO
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How can I replicate master master and master master MySQL databse replication and HA?

I have an application desigend in PHP and MySQl running on apache web server that I is running on a Amazon EC2 server Centos. I want to implement the master-master and master slave replication and high availability disaster recovery on this application database. For this I have created two... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Palak Sharma
0 Replies

9. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding guidance to learn *NIX more and more

Hello All, This Poll/thread is for views of all forum user regarding following point: There are many people in this forum who are actually not actually working on *NIX(admin or real scripting/automation part) but they are/have learnt scripting and trying to help/guide/advice/sharing... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: RavinderSingh13
11 Replies
SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)

NAME
svnweb-server - simple webserver for SVN::Web SYNOPSIS
svnweb-server [--root DIR] [--port PORT] [--net-server Net::Server] DESCRIPTION
svnweb-server is a webserver that runs SVN::Web. It's an easy way to use SVN::Web without having to set up Apache (or any other web server). The tradeoff is that the server is very simple. But for light use then it may be perfectly acceptable. OPTIONS
--root DIR The directory in which you ran "svnweb-install". Optional, defaults to ".". --port PORT The port the server should listen on. Options, defaults to 8080. --net-server Net::Server The Net::Server subclass to use to create the server. A single, non-forking server is created by default. Other types of server can be created by giving the correct Net::Server subclass. For example, to use a server that forks to handle each request, use "--net-server Net::Server::Fork". SEE ALSO
SVN::Web BUGS
This is a simple server. Accordingly, a few features do not work properly at the moment. Redirects SVN::Web::Browse will redirect the client if the URL is missing a trailing "/". That redirection does not work with this server. That's not an issue for any URLs generated by SVN::Web, but may be an issue for URLs that are entered by hand. This will also affect SVN::Web::List's "redirect_to_browse_when_one_repo" option. cgi_class The "cgi_class" declaration (if any) in config.yaml is ignored. CGI is always used as the CGI class. Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-svn-web@rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SVN-Web <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=SVN-Web>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. AUTHOR
The current maintainer is Nik Clayton, <nikc@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2006-2007 Nik Clayton. All Rights Reserved. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-11 SVNWEB-SERVER(1p)