Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Linux advantages?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Linux advantages? Post 37671 by Neo on Wednesday 25th of June 2003 08:27:41 AM
Old 06-25-2003
From my perspective, Linux and XP are very different. I use both every day. I use Linux for our server functions like Apache Web Server, Sendmail, DNS, etc.
I use XP for Microsoft Office, playing DVDs, and other desktop applications.

I personally would not use XP for my server functions and don't use Linux to run MS Office applications. Hence, when I use Linux and XP (or BSD and XP) I get two operating systems that shine in different areas.

So, for me, I don't compare XP and Linux, just like I don't compare my motorcycle to my truck. They are better at doing what they were designed to do. I love both my truck and my bike. Ditto for XP and Linux.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

what is the difference between Unix & linux, what are the advantages & disadvantages

ehe may i know what are the difference between Unix & Linux, and what are the advantages of having Unix as well as disadvantages of having Unix or if u dun mind i am dumb do pls tell me what are the advantages as well as the disadvantages of having linux as well. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cybertechmkteo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Advantages of Groups

What are the advantages of putting users into groups? I understand that in a corporate environment, you should create a group for each department. ie: putting finance employees into a finance group. But are there any system advantages for doing that? How would it make it easier on the system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurtmc
3 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

Advantages and Disadvanted of being able to modify UNIX?

Does anyone know what are the Advantages and Disadvanted of being able to modify UNIX? I'm am stuck on this .. Anyone help would be greatly appericated. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MTVALDEZ
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

advantages of Perl ?

What is the advantages of Perl in Unix environnement. Is it for scripts ? Text manipulation ? Have you a Concrete exemple of perl utilisation. Thanks you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

advantages of cpio command?

hi, can any body tell me the advantages of having cpio command over tar command (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasannak
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH vs PERL Advantages & Disadvantages

Hi Anyone can compare and contrast differences, Advantages & Disadvantages between BASH vs PERL just a need few points on both Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are some advantages of Unix?

What are some advantage's of Unix (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin2132
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Failsafe mode advantages and disadvantages

Hi Guys, Have you tried running Solaris 10 on Failsafe mode? What are their advantages and disadvantages? What would you recommend for a roll-back plan in case something happens after failsafe mode? I need to run on failsafe mode to be able to execute fsck. Appreciate your kind... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bocha
1 Replies
EXIT_GROUP(2)                                                Linux Programmer's Manual                                               EXIT_GROUP(2)

NAME
exit_group - exit all threads in a process SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/unistd.h> void exit_group(int status); DESCRIPTION
This system call is equivalent to _exit(2) except that it terminates not only the calling thread, but all threads in the calling process's thread group. RETURN VALUE
This system call does not return. VERSIONS
This call is present since Linux 2.5.35. CONFORMING TO
This call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Since glibc 2.3, this is the system call invoked when the _exit(2) wrapper function is called. SEE ALSO
exit(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-11-27 EXIT_GROUP(2)