Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: DOS Debug for linux
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers DOS Debug for linux Post 37633 by Perderabo on Tuesday 24th of June 2003 10:29:30 AM
Old 06-24-2003
Doesn't linux have "dd"? Set the bs to the sector size. Use "skip=n" or "seek=n" to start at sector n. Use count=1 to write one sector.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

how to debug

i am new to solaris i have one module which contain certain header files and sub modules i want ot execute the module and c what the values are beeing assigned to variables is makefile only solution for this is there any editor to help it,so that i can c the flow of the program and also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Linux

dos-path / un-dos-path compatibility with cygwin

Hello ; I have a problem running some script on dos . when i run : C: ls /temp ls: cannot access /temp: No such file or directory but when i run C: ls \temp windriver backup remotebackup also when i run C: ls temp windriver backup remotebackup The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mulder20
4 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Awk script in DOS and Linux behaves differently :(

Hi, I have an awk script which performs simple operations of variable assignments and finally printing the variables in custom form. BEGIN {FS=OFS="\n"} { v1=substr($0,1,15) v2=substr($0,16,200) v3=substr($0,216,20) print v1 "|" v2 "|" v3 } The input file being processed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyak
2 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to connect SFTP(Linux) from Windows DOS

I need to write a batch script for file transfer from SFTP to Windows system. SFTP is on Linux system. I kept this code in batch file and executing it.. but not working.. Even i tried from Command prompt like this "open sftp.host.com" but getting error. Can anyone help with the code and tell me how... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohantmk
15 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a script in Ubuntu (Linux) from existing DOS .cmd

Greetings, I would be very grateful to anyone who is willing to help and knows there scripting and how to convert a DOS CMD script. :) In this posting I am also hoping to pass on information to anyone wanting to see a bit of VMware command line stuff. I have made a script (batch file) that runs... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dp123
11 Replies

6. IP Networking

Need to copy file from Linux to DOS.

I have two PCs with Ubuntu 10.4 and DOS 5.0, which are connected with a 9 pins serial cable. I need to copy some files from the Linux box to the DOS box. I tried UUCP but it's too difficult and i didn't found a working client for DOS. Can you help me? Thanks for any reply! (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If - then -else debug please

Can you help please ? ./get_df.sh: syntax error at line 13 : `then' unexpected #!/bin/ksh while : do PER=`df -h /DATA/ | nawk '{if (NR != 1) { sub (/%/,""); print $(NF-1)}}'` if then if] then mailx -s "FS over 90 per" me@company.com touch... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
2 Replies

8. OS X (Apple)

Debug help

Hello, I was looking at kernel log's and found some parts what was "interesting" I previously started looking what has been going on in my computer because I had hacker attacks on my machine. Installed Avira & Little Snitch - softwares Previously my computer opened few folders what I have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Scourge-
1 Replies

9. Programming

Odd behavior from GDB while trying to cross-debug an embedded Linux application.

Some background: The application normally runs on an embedded platform. Currently, for development purposes, I have the rootfs located @ /exports and the target is communicating over NFS. That way I can make a change on my local system, save the application @ /exports, and run the altered... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Circuits
4 Replies
SD(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							     SD(4)

NAME
sd - Driver for SCSI Disk Drives SYNOPSIS
#include <linux/hdreg.h> /* for HDIO_GETGEO */ #include <linux/fs.h> /* for BLKGETSIZE and BLKRRPART */ CONFIG
The block device name has the following form: sdlp, where l is a letter denoting the physical drive, and p is a number denoting the parti- tion on that physical drive. Often, the partition number, p, will be left off when the device corresponds to the whole drive. SCSI disks have a major device number of 8, and a minor device number of the form (16 * drive_number) + partition_number, where drive_num- ber is the number of the physical drive in order of detection, and partition_number is as follows: partition 0 is the whole drive partitions 1-4 are the DOS "primary" partitions partitions 5-8 are the DOS "extended" (or "logical") partitions For example, /dev/sda will have major 8, minor 0, and will refer to all of the first SCSI drive in the system; and /dev/sdb3 will have major 8, minor 19, and will refer to the third DOS "primary" partition on the second SCSI drive in the system. At this time, only block devices are provided. Raw devices have not yet been implemented. DESCRIPTION
The following ioctls are provided: HDIO_GETGEO Returns the BIOS disk parameters in the following structure: struct hd_geometry { unsigned char heads; unsigned char sectors; unsigned short cylinders; unsigned long start; }; A pointer to this structure is passed as the ioctl(2) parameter. The information returned in the parameter is the disk geometry of the drive as understood by DOS! This geometry is not the physical geometry of the drive. It is used when constructing the drive's partition table, however, and is needed for convenient operation of fdisk(1), efdisk(1), and lilo(1). If the geometry information is not available, zero will be returned for all of the parameters. BLKGETSIZE Returns the device size in sectors. The ioctl(2) parameter should be a pointer to a long. BLKRRPART Forces a re-read of the SCSI disk partition tables. No parameter is needed. The scsi(4) ioctls are also supported. If the ioctl(2) parameter is required, and it is NULL, then ioctl() will return -EINVAL. FILES
/dev/sd[a-h]: the whole device /dev/sd[a-h][0-8]: individual block partitions SEE ALSO
scsi(4) 1992-12-17 SD(4)