Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How do you search and replace a text with markerA that end with markerB Post 37456 by oombera on Thursday 19th of June 2003 09:12:40 AM
Old 06-19-2003
This'll do it:

sed 's/\$.*;/ /g' someFile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Search for string on line then search and replace text

Hi All, I have a file that I need to be able to find a pattern match on a line, search that line for a text pattern, and replace that text. An example of 4 lines in my file is: 1. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData ReplaceMe moreData 2. MatchText_randomNumberOfText moreData moreData... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Crypto
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text

Hello, I am trying to search and replace but I don't know how to do it. My simple knowlegde in search and replace using sed is not helping me at all. File: its a cause value #22: dfg ggg Cause value #1: aasfa fasdf asfa value #22: affg gggg Basically i want to replace the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balan1983a
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append text from one file to another based on a search from the end of a document

Hi all, I have output files that are all text files with various different extensions. So, if I submit the input file "job_name.inp", when it finishes I get an output file "job_name.dat". A typical input file looks something like this: $CONTRL SCFTYP=RHF RUNTYP=ENERGY MAXIT=199 MULT=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcozd
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and replace text in many files

Hello, I am very new to Linux and am trying to find a way for following problem. I have a number of files in a folder as Export000.dat, Export001.dat ..and so on. Each file has a string field 'Absolute velocity'. I want it to be replaced by 'Pixel shift' in all the files. I tried something like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chirag.joshi
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Search and replace text

HI I have property files having content QA_server_name=10.232.54.7 QA_port_number=18000 DEV_server_name=10.235.60.73 DEV_port_number=18000 and a .jason file having content like this { "server":"localhost" "port":"17000" ------ } I will get the parameter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mdtausifsh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string in a text and replace

i am having text file below System will display value URGENT and proceed System will display value URGENT and proceed System will display value URGENT and proceed .................................................................. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suryanarayana
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search text and replace line next to it

I have a file which requires modification via a shell script. Need to do the following: 0. take input from user for new text. 1. search for a keyword in the file. 2. replace the line next to this to this keyword with user supplied input. for e.g., my file has the following text: (some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chingupt
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search ad replace using begin and end of the file

Hello Friends , Please help to create script for compare and replace if not matches of set of lines . * Primary* Servername Server1 Location R201 Rack 4 *End Primary* *Secondary* Server Name Server1 IPAddress 10.24.30.10 Application Apache *End of Secondary* Above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rnary
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - go to file and search a part and set at the end text

Hello, i hope the titel is okay. I want to edit a line in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf So the Line can contains: OPEN_TCP="436, 25, 80, 110, 143, 443, 465, 587, 993, 995, 21, 20" i want to search in this line: OPEN_TCP="*, *, 80, *, *, 443, *, *, *, *" and i want to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: tJAdASwIRDESSEI
11 Replies
SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)				       systemd-fsck@.service					  SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-fsck@.service, systemd-fsck-root.service, systemd-fsck - File system checker logic SYNOPSIS
systemd-fsck@.service systemd-fsck-root.service /lib/systemd/systemd-fsck DESCRIPTION
systemd-fsck@.service and systemd-fsck-root.service are services responsible for file system checks. They are instantiated for each device that is configured for file system checking. systemd-fsck-root.service is responsible for file system checks on the root file system, but only if the root filesystem was not checked in the initramfs. systemd-fsck@.service is used for all other file systems and for the root file system in the initramfs. These services are started at boot if passno in /etc/fstab for the file system is set to a value greater than zero. The file system check for root is performed before the other file systems. Other file systems may be checked in parallel, except when they are on the same rotating disk. systemd-fsck does not know any details about specific filesystems, and simply executes file system checkers specific to each filesystem type (/sbin/fsck.*). This helper will decide if the filesystem should actually be checked based on the time since last check, number of mounts, unclean unmount, etc. If a file system check fails for a service without nofail, emergency mode is activated, by isolating to emergency.target. KERNEL COMMAND LINE
systemd-fsck understands these kernel command line parameters: fsck.mode= One of "auto", "force", "skip". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "auto", and ensures that file system checks are done when the file system checker deems them necessary. "force" unconditionally results in full file system checks. "skip" skips any file system checks. fsck.repair= One of "preen", "yes", "no". Controls the mode of operation. The default is "preen", and will automatically repair problems that can be safely fixed. "yes" will answer yes to all questions by fsck and "no" will answer no to all questions. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), fsck(8), systemd-quotacheck.service(8), fsck.btrfs(8), fsck.cramfs(8), fsck.ext4(8), fsck.fat(8), fsck.hfsplus(8), fsck.minix(8), fsck.ntfs(8), fsck.xfs(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-FSCK@.SERVICE(8)