Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers GNU and Linux: Different or the same? Post 37452 by TINO on Thursday 19th of June 2003 08:05:07 AM
Old 06-19-2003
This is some nice info...

So...

Linux is just the Kernal
GNU is the system
Redhat just puts its own brand on GNU and adds a few extra apps and calls it RedHat Linux...is that right.

And how come its called "Redhat Linux" and not "RedHat GNU" seen as the GNU is the part most people will be interacting with?

...or am I missing the point cos im a n00b.

Last edited by TINO; 06-19-2003 at 11:29 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Fedora

FreeBSD or GNU/Linux?

Hi, i'm working on micro$oft windows based networking environment's. i want learn other os than micro$oft windows. i tested FreeBSD & Gnu/Linux (Fedora). both are similar. which of following is best choice for me? for networking? and which of them has future (for e.g not discontinued after 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skynet_boy
3 Replies

2. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Read *.accdb files in GNU/Linux

Hi Guys, Can you please suggest me to read the *.accdb files under linux enviornment? I have google a bit. There is some solution to convert the *.accdb files under windows environment. But I am trying to do it in Linux environment. Please provide your thoughts. Thanks, Ranga :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rangarasan
3 Replies
SINCOS(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							 SINCOS(3)

NAME
sincos, sincosf, sincosl - calculate sin and cos simultaneously SYNOPSIS
#define _GNU_SOURCE #include <math.h> void sincos(double x, double *sin, double *cos); void sincosf(float x, float *sin, float *cos); void sincosl(long double x, long double *sin, long double *cos); Link with -lm. DESCRIPTION
Several applications need sine and cosine of the same angle x. This function computes both at the same time, and stores the results in *sin and *cos. If x is a NaN, a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. If x is positive infinity or negative infinity, a domain error occurs, and a NaN is returned in *sin and *cos. RETURN VALUE
These functions return void. ERRORS
See math_error(7) for information on how to determine whether an error has occurred when calling these functions. The following errors can occur: Domain error: x is an infinity An invalid floating-point exception (FE_INVALID) is raised. These functions do not set errno. VERSIONS
These functions first appeared in glibc in version 2.1. CONFORMING TO
This function is a GNU extension. SEE ALSO
cos(3), sin(3), tan(3), feature_test_macros(7) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.27 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2008-08-11 SINCOS(3)