Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Kelam_Magnus
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Kelam_Magnus Post 37211 by Neo on Friday 13th of June 2003 06:47:13 PM
Old 06-13-2003
You are welcome to read the rule and to abide by them.

Everyone is welcome who reads the rules and tries to abide by them. The rules are not designed to be difficult, they are in place in the interest of the entire community and they have served the community well.

No one is welcome to welcome to break forum break rules.

BTW, the moderators (and posters) are unpaid volunteers. They do a great job. Please make their job more easy, not more difficult. Thanks! Neo

We Also Found This Discussion For You

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

For Kelam_Magnus

It is not my intention to cheat the system. yes, you are correct that it is a homework question, on attempting the problem , i read through 6 chapters of my book and put in an entire saturday, 10 hrs trying to figure tthis out and I still got no where. Just like any language i have been through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chekeitout
2 Replies
AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)						  Linux Audit API					    AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)

NAME
audit_add_rule_data - Add new audit rule SYNOPSIS
#include <libaudit.h> int audit_add_rule_data (int fd, struct audit_rule_data *rule, int flags, int action); DESCRIPTION
audit_add_rule adds an audit rule previously constructed with audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3) to one of several kernel event filters. The fil- ter is specified by the flags argument. Possible values for flags are: o AUDIT_FILTER_USER - Apply rule to userspace generated messages. o AUDIT_FILTER_TASK - Apply rule at task creation (not syscall). o AUDIT_FILTER_EXIT - Apply rule at syscall exit. o AUDIT_FILTER_TYPE - Apply rule at audit_log_start. The rule's action has two possible values: o AUDIT_NEVER - Do not build context if rule matches. o AUDIT_ALWAYS - Generate audit record if rule matches. RETURN VALUE
The return value is <= 0 on error, otherwise it is the netlink sequence id number. This function can have any error that sendto would encounter. SEE ALSO
audit_rule_fieldpair_data(3), audit_delete_rule_data(3), auditctl(8). AUTHOR
Steve Grubb. Red Hat Aug 2009 AUDIT_ADD_RULE_DATA(3)