Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: IPCop
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers IPCop Post 37034 by jwbrown on Tuesday 10th of June 2003 03:30:32 PM
Old 06-10-2003
IPCop

I had this in the Networking section but was not getting any answers. Does anyone here know anything about this software?

I just recently heard about IPCop. I am curious if anyone knows anything about this program/os and if I should attempt to use it. I currently have a cable modem connected straight to my pc with a trial version firewall. But what I want is to setup IPCop on a pc and connect the cable modem to it then connect that pc to a hub/switch and connect my computers to it. Also, I am curious if with this setup I could connect my work laptop to it and then use my work vpn client? A lot of questions, I know but I haven't had the time to read up on this yet and I need to set it up tomorrow or buy a router, if I set it up this way I don't have to buy anything because I have all the listed items. Thanks for any and all help. Oh, and if I have put this in the wrong thread please move it or let me know thanks.

PPPOE-SETUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-SETUP(8)

NAME
pppoe-setup - Shell script to configure Roaring Penguin PPPoE client SYNOPSIS
pppoe-setup DESCRIPTION
pppoe-setup is a shell script which prompts you for various pieces of information and sets up an /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf configuration script for the pppoe-start, pppoe-stop and pppoe-connect scripts. AUTHOR
pppoe-setup was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-relay(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-SETUP(8)