Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Errors while executing a.out
Top Forums Programming Errors while executing a.out Post 36843 by Perderabo on Thursday 5th of June 2003 03:05:19 PM
Old 06-05-2003
In general you are not locating a shared library.

There may be compiler options or environment settings to affect where the system looks for shared libraries. So one solution is to read your docs and figure out how to do that.

There also is probably a compiler option to not use shared libraries. If you use that option, it won't matter that you can't find the shared library.

If you will reveal what system and compiler you are using, it is possible that someone may be able to give a more specific reply.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies

2. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X errors

I'm trying to set up x2x between my desktop and laptop, and as a precondition to that, I'm just trying to get each to be able to display programs on the other (e.g. "desktop$ xterm -display laptop:0"). OS is Ubuntu 5.10 and X version is X.org 6.8.2 I've set up X to run without -nolisten, and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

avoid displaying errors while executing a script

Hi all, I am running a script on bash shell, although it gives me the desired output, it displays some errors at the prompt like this directory doesnt exists unary operator etc etc Is there someway to avoid these errors ?? Its very annoying to have these errors while the script is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas027
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Errors while executing cmds in sun solaris

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Errors while executing mysql cmds in SUn solaris server

Hi All, I am using mysql at sun solaris unix(Hp) server. I logged into mysql server with root as user. its logged in properly. Then i used 'show databases' mysql command. its display all the available databases. for example mysql > show databases; It displayed as follows. exampledb1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to send an email executing with errors

Hello , i am using RHEL5 , i have got a perl script that executes and sends an email correctly if i run it with ./sendemail.sh command. This is the script below #! /usr/bin/perl use Net::SMTP; print "starting email send ."; $smtp = Net::SMTP->new("192.168.0.1");... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kabazzi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script errors when executing

I'm working on a script that will search through a directory for MKV files and remux them to MP4. I found a few other scripts around the net that do this, but they all have limitations that don't always get the job done. The main limitation I've found is that most scripts look for the video track... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rayne127
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell_script showing errors in the below mentioned script while executing in linux

code: IMAGE=$imgvalue; if then echo DO=ABC; elif then echo DO=ETC; elif then echo DO=XYZ; else echo "$imgvalue is unsupported"; exit 1; fi in above script IMAGE=1 , IMAGE=2, IMAGE=3 whatever may be the value i have assigned it's showing only DO=ABC other conditions... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
7 Replies
elfdump(1)						      General Commands Manual							elfdump(1)

NAME
elfdump - dump information contained in object files. SYNOPSIS
num] num2] name] section] num] num2] files... DESCRIPTION
takes one or more object files or libraries and dumps information about them. The following options are supported: Dumps archive headers from an archive library. Dumps the string table(s). (Modifier) Demangles C++ symbol names before printing them. This modifier is valid with and If specified with this modifier is ignored. If specified with name, the symbol whose unmangled name matches name will be printed, and its symbol name will be printed as a demangled name. Prints the .note section which contains the compilation unit dictionary and linker footprint. This option has the same effect as Prints the compilation unit dictionary of the .notes section. Prints the linker footprint of the .notes section. The linker footprint has information on the linker used to generate the file as well as the link time. (Modifier) Prints the section whose index is num. (Modifier) Prints the sections in the range 1 to num2. If used with the sections in the range num to num2 are printed. Valid with If used with only the relocations which apply to the section(s) in the range are printed. Dumps the file header (ELF header). Dumps global symbols from an archive. Dumps the section headers. (Modifier) Dumps output information in hexadecimal, octal, or decimal format, with all options. Displays the run-time interpreter path name for (usually the location of the dynamic loader and microloader). Only shared bound executables have this string. To change the setting, use the command. Prints the object dictionary for one or more executable files, if the source file was compiled with the option or linked with (PA-RISC only) option. The object dictionary entry contains the name of the object file that contributed to a particular section, the relative offset within the section, size of the object file's contribution, and attributes of the entry. Prints the CTTI section headers according to the directory member relationship. Dumps the section in shared libraries and dynamically linked program files. Prints the section, which is only created when the incremental linker is used (with the command), or when the linker option is used (which is the default), along with the compiler option, (which is NOT the default). Prints the section, which is only created when the incremental linker is used (with the command), or when the linker option is used (which is the default), along with the compiler option, (which is NOT the default). Prints the section, which is only created when the incremental linker is used (with the command), or when the linker option is used (which is the default), along with the compiler option, (which is NOT the default). (Modifier) Dumps information about the specified section or symbol name. This option is valid with and If used with name pertains to a symbol name and will only dump the symbol entry whose name matches name. If used with the other options, name pertains to a section name and will only dump the section whose name matches it. Dumps the optional headers (program headers). (Modifier) Do not print titles, with all options. (Modifier) Suppresses printing CTTI section headers. Valid with option. Dumps the relocations. Dumps the section contents. Dumps any section beginning with as a string table. (Modifier) Dumps the section specified by name. Valid with and only. (Modifier) Dumps output information in short format. Valid with the and options. Dumps the symbol table entries. (Itanium-based systems) Dumps the value of in symbol table, in addition to information dump from option. This option is useful to verify the data stored in the symbol table. Prints the symbol whose index is num. (Modifier) Prints the symbols in the range 0 to num2. If used with print the symbols in the range num to num2. Valid with Prints versioned symbols. Prints the usage menu. Prints the unwind table. (Modifier) Verifies the CTTI section headers before printing. Valid with the option. Prints the version number for EXAMPLES
To see the functions exported from a shared library: To see the global data items exported from a shared library: To display string table information To list the shared libraries linked with a program or shared library (dependent libraries): To list the embedded path for shared libraries opened by a program: SEE ALSO
System Tools ld(1) Invoke the link editor Miscellaneous a.out(4) Assembler, compiler, and linker output elf(3E) Executable and Linking Format Texts and Tutorials (See the option) (See manuals(5) for ordering information)