Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers SCO openserver 5.0.6 Telnet Problems Post 36821 by kayode on Thursday 5th of June 2003 10:11:13 AM
Old 06-05-2003
Idle time out on a sco openserver 5.0.6

Hi,
I login just to see that the issue on the above had been closed pls could you permit me to contribute my quota to this issue:

you either correct your idle time from /etc/default/idleout

or you go through the sysadmsh and select;
system then configure then logout and enter your idle time

Thanks

Kayode

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCO OpenServer & telnet

I was wondering if anyone knew how I would open up my server so it can be telneted into from other subnets.:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cparks73
2 Replies

2. SCO

Openserver 5.0.4 can't be ping or telnet into from a remote site

Hi, Can anybody help me out why l can't not ping my server with Openserver 5.0.4 with my windows machine from a remote site. The machine could see the local LAN with the Router however, i can't ping or telnet unto the server from another site on the WAN. The default gateway was configure on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix SCO 5.0.6 Telnet Problems

Hello there . I have a unix box 5.0.06 , this is the error (Telnetd: All networks ports in use . Can anyone tellme how to resolve this problem. Thanks a lot . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

4. SCO

Ethereal problems on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7

I have installed the Ethereal package (ethereal-0.8.14.pkg) on a SCO Openserver 5.0.7. Installation went OK but when I try to start Ethereal I get error messages about "linking problems". I have studied the SCO Technical article 116949 but my filenames differ from article. Please help!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bean2
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 5.0.7 login problems

Hello Guys. This might be really easy for you guys but i'm really going crazy about this problem. I have this user that is trying to login to my unix box and it will not let him pass the point where it says TERM = (ansi ) and the last line that shows is teminal is ansi. It wont go any further.... (7 Replies)
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi there guys. I just got this new SCO version and i'm having some problem printing from shell, This is what i'm typing at the # sign : lp -dHP /etc/hosts and it prints no problem but when i use any other user at the $ sign it gives me this error. /dev/fd/7: /usr/lib/lp/sysv/7: not found. ... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Openserver 6.0

Hi guys, I just got this new 6.0 version and i'm trying to setup a remote office to telnet to this server running sco 6.0, in previous version all i have to do is add this file under /etc/rc2.d call S99route and put the gate in that file and that was it, for some reason in 6.0 it does not... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. SCO

I need SCO Openserver 4.2!!!!

I need SCO Openserver 4.2. Please, give me distributive of that version SCO:eek: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: caine
0 Replies

9. SCO

sco openserver release 5.0.5 installation problems on notebook

hello, i want to install release 5.0.5 on my notebook but the system hangs when extracing files from source media in fact after configuration all of setting please help me:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hossein
1 Replies

10. SCO

Sco openserver 5 print queue problems

Hwey I manage a Unix box where I ama having multiple printer problems. the only way to get printers to print again is by rebooting. I stop and start services with no luck. Any one have any ideas? It can go weeks with being OK but then any given printer can go and cause the entire print queue to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: uk2us88
6 Replies
quota(2)							System Calls Manual							  quota(2)

Name
       quota - manipulate disk quotas

Syntax
       #include <sys/types.h>
       #include <sys/param.h>
       #include <sys/quota.h>

quota(cmd, uid, arg, addr)
       int cmd, uid, arg;
       caddr_t addr;

Description
       The  call manipulates disk quotas for file systems that have had quotas enabled with The cmd parameter indicates a command in the following
       list that is applied to the user ID uid.  The arg parameter is a command specific argument and addr is the address of an optional,  command
       specific  data  structure,  which  is copied in or out of the system.  The interpretation of arg and addr is given with each command in the
       list that follows:

Q_SETDLIM
	      Set disk quota limits and current usage for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular
	      file  system.   The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqblk structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue
	      this call.

Q_GETDLIM
	      Get disk quota limits and current use for the user with ID uid.  The remaining parameters are identical  to  the	Q_SETDLIM  command
	      parameters.

Q_SETDUSE
	      Set  disk  use limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg parameter is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.  The
	      addr is a pointer to a struct dqusage structure, defined in <sys/quota.h>.  Only the superuser can issue this call.

Q_SYNC Update the on-disk copy of quota uses.  The uid, arg, and addr parameters are ignored.

Q_SETUID
	      Change the calling process's quota limits to those of the user with ID uid.  The arg and addr  parameters  are  ignored.	 Only  the
	      superuser can issue this call.

Q_SETWARN
	      Alter  the disk usage warning limits for the user with ID uid.  The arg is a major-minor device indicating a particular file system.
	      The addr parameter is a pointer to a struct dqwarn structure, which is defined in <sys/quota.h>.	Only the superuse can  issue  this
	      call.

Q_DOWARN
	      Warn  the user with user ID uid about excessive disk use.  This call causes the system to check its current disk use information and
	      print a message on the terminal of the caller for each file system on which the user is over quota.  If the arg parameter is  speci-
	      fied  as	NODEV,	all  file systems that have disk quotas are checked.  Otherwise, arg indicates a specific major-minor device to be
	      checked.	Only the superuser can issue this call.

Return Values
       A successful call returns 0 and, possibly, more information specific to the command specified in the cmd parameter; when an  error  occurs,
       the value -1 is returned and the global variable errno is set to indicate the reason.

Diagnostics
       A quota call fails when one of the following occurs:

[EINVAL]       The kernel has not been compiled with the QUOTA option.

[EINVAL]       The cmd parameter is invalid.

[ESRCH]	      No disk quota is found for the indicated user.

[EPERM]	      Only the superuser can issue the call and the caller is not the superuser.

[ENODEV]       The arg parameter is being interpreted as a major-minor device, and it indicates an unmounted file system.

[EFAULT]       An invalid addr parameter is supplied; the associated structure could not be copied in or out of the kernel.

[EUSERS]       The quota table is full.

See Also
       "Disk Quotas in a UNIX Environment", ULTRIX Supplementary Documents, Volume 3:System Manager

quota(2)