Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: imageMagick?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers imageMagick? Post 36720 by oombera on Tuesday 3rd of June 2003 01:56:54 PM
Old 06-03-2003
You say you already read the document from the ImageMagick website? It does answer some of your questions; for instance, regarding where the program is installed, the document says the default when you run make install is `/usr/local/bin`, `/usr/local/main`, etc. I shouldn't think there'd be any problem with just accepting the default, unless someone thinks there's a better place to install it...

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

looking for ImageMagick install package

i am struggling to find an error free, and complete install package for ImageMagick (with perl- "PerlMagick"). imagemagick.org not much help.... links for source, mirrors etc dont work. any pointers appreciated. linux server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mickeymouse
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Imagemagick File Padding Issue

Hello, I'm having a problem figuring out the syntax for padding 10-99. Everything else in the program works fine so I want to focus in on just this part of the code. Below is a snippet of the code that I am having problems with. I appreciate all the help I can get. Thank you. The script... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsells20
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash for image resize using ImageMagick

Hi all, I have a FreeNAS server hosting all of my images. The original images are high resolution. What I would like to do is 2 parts: 1. do a batch resize of all of the images so I have web-friendly version and print ready version 2. run a cron job to apply the bash to any "new" files ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Imhotep1963
1 Replies
MagickCore-Config(1)					      General Commands Manual					      MagickCore-Config(1)

NAME
MagickCore-config - get information about the installed version of ImageMagick SYNOPSIS
MagickCore-config [--cflags] [--cppflags] [--exec-prefix] [--ldflags] [--libs] [--prefix] [--version] DESCRIPTION
MagickCore-config prints the compiler and linker flags required to compile and link programs that use the ImageMagick Application Program- mer Interface. EXAMPLES
To print the version of the installed distribution of ImageMagick, use: MagickCore-config --version To compile a program that calls the ImageMagick Application Programmer Interface, use: cc `MagickCore-config --cflags --cppflags --ldflags --libs` program.c OPTIONS
--cflags Print the compiler flags that were used to compile libMagick. --cppflags Print the preprocessor flags that are needed to find the ImageMagick C include files and defines to ensure that the ImageMagick data structures match between your program and the installed libraries. --exec-prefix Print the directory under which target specific binaries and executables are installed. --ldflags Print the linker flags that are needed to link with the ImageMagick library. --libs Print the linker flags that are needed to link a program with libMagick. --version Print the version of the ImageMagick distribution to standard output. LICENSE
See http://www.imagemagick.org/script/license.php. AUTHORS
John Cristy, ImageMagick Studio LLC ImageMagick 2 May 2002 MagickCore-Config(1)