Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sleep
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sleep Post 3634 by Anna on Saturday 7th of July 2001 11:56:03 PM
Old 07-08-2001
why would you want to pause while processing?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep under one second

If I want a script to sleep for less than a second, would I use a decimal? In other words, if I wanted my script to sleep for 1/4 of a second, would I say, SLEEP .25 ?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scoogie
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep less than 1 second

Does anyone know a way to sleep less than 1 second? Sometimes when I write scripts that iterates a loop many times it would be nice to slow things down, but sometimes 1 second is too much. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjorno
9 Replies

3. Programming

Sleep() not working

I have a function that quits a program when <ctrl>c is entered as per following code; void quitter (void) { clear (); mvprintw (QUITTER_ROW, QUITTER_COL, "Quitting..."); refresh (); sleep (15); endwin (); exit (1); }This function is called thus; signal (SIGINT, quitter); It... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep Command

I am in need of some help; think I have confused myself. Here is the issue I am faced with. The script log file was fine, the nohup.out file has tens of thousands of lines like illegal use of sleep: sleep seconds So I assume there is something with the seconds calculation in the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Glove
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep command

Hi All I have a requiremnt to run a script inside another script. here i am pulling the record count from the table in oracle.If record count is greater than 0 the script is executed.The scripts updates the count in the table and again the count is found out and the condition is checked and same... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wrapping 'sleep' with my 'resleep' function (Resettable sleep)

This is a very crude attempt in Bash at something that I needed but didn't seem to find in the 'sleep' command. However, I would like to be able to do it without the need for the temp file. Please go easy on me if this is already possible in some other way: How many times have you used the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sleep infinity

This might be one of the dumbest questions you've got, but please bear with me: I am a UNIX beginner. I had an test today and I was asked the following question: Q. How do you put the terminal into sleep indefinitely? I didn't know the answer, but after I came home, I tried the following... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: indyxandy
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sleep Until Query

Hi, I am a newbie in UNIX please help me develop code for below logic:-- I want my script to implement sleep until a specified time(date doesn't matter) ---------------------------------------- While currenttime > 14:00 and < 18:00 sleep end while run command exit... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiitmale
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep while i > 0

Hi, I have a script that runs a process at the beginning and I want to sleep/wait until this process is finished and then continue with the rest of the script. I am trying with this, but it is not working: process=`ps -ef | grep "proc_p01 -c" | grep -v grep | wc -l` if ; do sleep 10 done... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: apenkov
7 Replies
tracker-status(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-status(1)

NAME
tracker-status - Report the state of all data miners SYNOPSIS
tracker-status [OPTION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-status shows the status of all miners installed. It also allows pausing and resuming of miners. For tracker-store state, you need to use tracker-control OPTIONS
-?, --help Show summary of options. -f, --follow Follow status changes as they happen. This requires Ctrl+C to stop and return to the command line. Each new status is put on a new line. To get more information, you can use --detailed with this. -d, --detailed For the most part, this purely provides a timestamp with each status update to follow WHEN changes happened. -s, --list-common-statuses This will list statuses most commonly produced by miners and the store. These statuses are not translated when sent over D-Bus and should be translated by each application. These are not considered static and are subject to change at any point. Additionally, these statuses are not the only ones which may be reported by a miner. There may be other states pertaining to the specific roles of the miner in question. -l, --list-miners-running This will list all miners which have responded to a D-Bus call. Sometimes it is helpfult to use this command with --list-miners- available. -a, --list-miners-available This will list all miners which are available even if they are not running at the moment. -i, --pause-details For listing all miners which are paused and the reasons for being paused, you can use this. It will also display the application that requested the pause too. -m, --miner=MINER This argument is used with --pause and --resume to say which miner you want to pause or resume. You can use the full D-Bus name, e.g. org.freedesktop.Tracker1.Miner.Files OR you can use the suffix, e.g. Files -p, --pause=REASON The REASON here is useful to know WHY the miner should be paused. A miner can be paused many times by multiple applications. Only when all pauses have been resumed will it continue. If successful, a cookie will be given to uniquely identify the request. This cookie is used to resume the pause at a later stage. -r, --resume=COOKIE The COOKIE is given by a successful --pause command. It is a number which identifies each pause request. When all pauses have been resumed, the miner will resume working. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-control(1) GNU
July 2009 tracker-status(1)