Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run ksh script from cgi
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Run ksh script from cgi Post 36317 by RTM on Tuesday 27th of May 2003 10:37:21 AM
Old 05-27-2003
In your html you simply place the script you are going to run:

Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Problem-solver</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY  TEXT vlink="black" link="blue" alink="white" >
<CENTER><STRONG>General Answer Generator</STRONG></CENTER>
<p>
Enter a short description of your computing problem in the box.  The program wil
l give back a suggestion on how to solve the problem.
<form name="myform" action=/cgi-bin/gag.cgi> 
<p>
<input type=text name="alertmsg" maxlength="40" size="80"></p>
<input type="submit" value="Submit your problem">
<input type="reset">

</form>
<HR size=2 noshade>
</BODY>
</HTML>

In this case it's gag.cgi which is in the cgi-bin directory.

Then you put your script (what ever language you want to use) in the cgi-bin directory (insure you chmod to allow execution). This is an example:

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
#
echo "Content-type: text/html"
echo
#
#
echo " <BODY>"
echo "<BODY  TEXT vlink=\"black\" link=\"blue\" alink=\"white\" >"
echo "<CENTER><STRONG>General Answer Generator</STRONG></CENTER>"
echo "<p>"
echo " "
echo "`/yourDIR/cgi-bin/getalert $QUERY_STRING'"
echo " "
echo "<p>"
echo "Enter a short description of your computing problem in the box.  The progr
am will give back a suggestion on how to solve the problem."
echo "<form name=\"myform\" >"
echo "<p>"
echo "<p><input type=text name="alertmsg" maxlength=\"40\" size=80> </p>"
echo "<input type=\"submit\" value=\"Submit your problem\">"
echo "<input type=\"reset\" >"
echo "<HR size=2 noshade>"
echo ""
echo " </BODY>"
echo "</NOFRAMES>"
exit

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
#
#
alertmsg="Wow, you stumped me.  Have you tried rebooting?"
alert1msg="Check the web documentation pages for information on the problem"
alert2msg="Check the set up of the computer"
alert3msg="Check for any network issues"
alert4msg="Check for any Change Controls that may have caused the problem"
alert5msg="Hmm, have you tried rebooting?"
#
alert1=`echo $1 | grep -ci unix`
alert2=`echo $1 | grep -ci not`
alert3=`echo $1 | grep -ci network`
alert4=`echo $1 | grep -ci change`
alert5=`echo $1 | grep -ci pc`
#
if [ alert1 -gt 0 ] ; then
        alertmsg=$alert1msg
fi
if [ alert2 -gt 0 ] ; then
        alertmsg=$alert2msg
fi
if [ alert3 -gt 0 ] ; then
        alertmsg=$alert3msg
fi
if [ alert4 -gt 0 ] ; then
        alertmsg="$alert4msg"
fi
if [ alert5 -gt 0 ] ; then
         alertmsg="$alert5msg"
fi
#
exit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI passing arrays/hashes to another CGI script

If I have a Perl CGI script (script01), which fills an array(s) with information and outputs a HTML page with a link to another CGI page (script02); is there anyway to pass the array(s) from "script01" to "script02" when the page visitor clicks the link? Hope that makes sense! :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: WIntellect
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing ksh script from cgi

Hi all, I'm developing a system which requires me to run a ksh script from within a cgi script. What sort of syntax will I need to do this, I'm sure it's simple but can't find out how anywhere! Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hodges
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to run cgi -script on Cygwin ?

All, I would like to run a cgi script in cygwin which i have installed in WinXP. My CYGWIN directory structure is /var/www/ drwxrwx---+ 2 user Users 0 Nov 23 16:24 cgi-bin drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:21 htdocs drwxrwx---+ 3 user Users 0 Oct 22 17:22 icons and another... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script to run other ksh scripts and output it to a file and/or email

Hi I am new to this Scripting process and would like to know How can i write a ksh script that will call other ksh scripts and write the output to a file and/or email. For example ------- Script ABC ------- a.ksh b.ksh c.ksh I need to call all three scripts execute them and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacifican
2 Replies

5. Web Development

Apache, cgi script run twice when ssl, once when not ssl

I have interesting problem. https:/host/some/x.cgi - this script has run twice when I call this url But http:/host/some/x.cgi work fine, only once. Output is text/plain. If I change output format to the Content-type text/html, then both urls works fine - executed only once. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshji
2 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Run Program from Bash CGI-Script

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: This is a problem I am having with my 2 semester senior project. I have a LAMP server running Ubuntu 9.10 with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JMooney5115
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run script in a backgroun - ksh

i ran the below in ksh... nohup <script> & it is runnign in background. now how do i see if the above command is success... i also need to bring the command to foreground and view the run details. pls advise how to do that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billpeter3010
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to run script through CGI?

Hi I have written a script and I want it to be run from web with the help of CGI. can you please guide me . below script is working fine if run from backend but not sure how I should run through web. #!/bin/bash string1=look string2=0 string3=.sdn.dnb echo -n "enter... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with copying from one drive to another with cgi & ksh script

Hi I was hoping some one could help me with a problem I have with a .cgi script I am running in the korn shell. I have created a web form that user fill out to gather information that I use a .cgi and sed script to translate into a xml file which is further processed by another program. All is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Walker
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to convert my /bin/sh script with cgi and html to run it on browser!??

Hello, I want to run this script on my CentOS 6 via browser : ________________________________________________________________________________________________ #!/bin/sh echo Username? read MY_NAME echo Provisional file name? read MY_FILE echo File NAME you want to save? read MY_FILE2... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: juta2020
16 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)