Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking DT messaging could not be started Post 36245 by amirp on Sunday 25th of May 2003 05:46:57 AM
Old 05-25-2003
DT messaging could not be started

this id the message i get with a suggestions to check those files:
/etc/src.sh
/etc/hosts
/usr/adm/inetd.sec

i have little knowledge of hoe to edit those files/

i went to the etc library and didn't found src.sh file.
what should i do?

also didn't find the inetd.sec file

In the host file i've inserted the new machine name.

tnx

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Instant Messaging App Help

I was hoping someone could assist me on a text-based instant messaging client(using UDP) I am working on. I have the network communication basics already in place but, specifically, needed some further help on the "messaging other users" and "getting a user list" functions. The server code that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AusTex
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started HP-UX

Hi People! I've just got a HP-UX system dumped on me. I've started it, followed all the install/setup questions, and everything was going ok, right upto when going into the desktop enviroment I got the message "The Desktop Messaging System Could Not Be Started". Now I've checked the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpiuk
8 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

how do i enable messaging

hi guyz i work as a system administrator for some organization(am a newbie). one of the solaris machines is loaded with the messenger server...all configured by a former administrator. my task was to create user accounts for the mail and calendar services and as i checked its not working .....i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: henokia4j
0 Replies

4. Programming

problems while using messaging queues....

hi I am using posix functions such as mq_open, mq_close and including the mqueue.h. but its giving a linking error,"undefined reference to mq_open and mq_close". it it that we have to link some library or so while compiling... plzzz help Thanxs Mohit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohit3884
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE problem - The DT messaging system could not be started

A Google search with: +Solaris +"The DT messaging system could not be started" returns 138 hits. All of the relevant possible solutions are in this document. My apologies for such a long document but I thought I would try to minimize the resolution attempts that I've already tried. System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rpollard001
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

The DT messaging system could not be started

Hello All, I am getting " The DT messaging system could not be started" message when wants to login as root on a box running on tru64 5.1A. /etc/hosts is ok. when i see in .dt/errorlog it shows message server could not be started. Thanks for help. Awadhesh (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alternative network messaging?

Hello people, which options do I have to send messages over a network from one station to another without using standard network messaging commands like write, talk und message? Thanks. (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: 123_abc
26 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The DT messaging system could not be started.

Good Morning, Users can no longer log into SunBlade 2500 Solaris 9 system (though root still can). Here's what I'm getting and what I've done. I'm most suspicious of the full drive since that pops up twice and I did see one looks full. What's a good way to reduce what's on it?- or.. what else... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
2 Replies
sprayd(1M)																sprayd(1M)

NAME
rpc.sprayd, sprayd - spray server SYNOPSIS
log_file] DESCRIPTION
is an RPC server that records the packets sent by from another system (see spray(1M)). daemon may be started by or through the command line. The service provided by is not useful as a networking benchmark as it uses unreli- able connectionless transports, UDP, for example. It can report a large number of packets dropped when the drops were caused by the pro- gram sending packets faster than they can be buffered locally, that is, before the packets get to the network medium. Options recognizes the following options and command-line arguments: Log any errors to the named log file, log_file. Errors are not logged if the option is not specified. Information logged to the file includes date and time of the error, host name, process id and name of the function gen- erating the error, and the error message. Note that different services can share a single log file since enough infor- mation is included to uniquely identify each error. Exit after serving each RPC request. Using the option, the security file can control access to RPC services. Exit only if o dies (see rpcbind(1M)), o Another registers with or o becomes unregistered with The option is more efficient because a new process is not launched for each RPC request. is the default. AUTHOR
was developed by Sun Microsystems, Inc. SEE ALSO
inetd(1M), rpcbind(1M), spray(1M), inetd.conf(4), inetd.sec(4), services(4). sprayd(1M)