Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users raid 0+1 +oracle getting slow data reads. Post 35958 by RTM on Thursday 15th of May 2003 03:18:28 PM
Old 05-15-2003
Optimus_P, I wasn't asking for the versions - I know you posted them - I was asking how long the server has been set up this way (sorry about the misunderstanding).

You have the mirror and drives set up correctly as long as any redo or archive logs are not on them ( see Databasejournal.com - file layout for SQL and Eng Auburn EDU - Oracle disk layout - this is a good example of how to do it)

Quote:
just like the first post said. no prob w/ system when the db is down.
There never is!
Quote:
only when the db is up.
And if Oracle isn't set up properly or the multitude of variables that an Oracle DBA could change to effect performance (for both good and bad results) could cause this.

You really need to be able to work with the DBA - or learn enough about Oracle to be able to say for certain it isn't on that side.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get data from 3 differrnt oracle DB & then compare data

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script for the following... we have 3 different database.... lets say A, B, C From these 3 DBs, i need to get data.. all have 3 different table...a,b, c A.a => Emp_code, count(*) B.b => emp_code, count(*) C.c => emp_code, copunt(*) Once get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Recover RAID data

Hello, Given a scenario, I have 2 HDD which were used on the server with software RAID. Now, the original server crashed and I have attached these 2 HDD to the new server. Any possible chances to recover the data from any of this HDD ? I want to mount /dev/sdb3 on some folder.. Output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmay
3 Replies

4. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies

5. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between buffered disk reads and cached reads?

I was analyzing the Disk read using hdparm utility. This is what i got as a result. # hdparm -t /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing buffered disk reads: 108 MB in 3.04 seconds = 35.51 MB/sec # hdparm -T /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 3496 MB in 1.99 seconds = 1756.56 MB/sec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
Plack::Middleware(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Plack::Middleware(3pm)

NAME
Plack::Middleware - Base class for easy-to-use PSGI middleware SYNOPSIS
package Plack::Middleware::Foo; use parent qw( Plack::Middleware ); sub call { my($self, $env) = @_; # Do something with $env # $self->app is the original app my $res = $self->app->($env); # Do something with $res return $res; } # then in app.psgi use Plack::Builder; my $app = sub { ... } # as usual builder { enable "Plack::Middleware::Foo"; enable "Plack::Middleware::Bar", %options; $app; }; DESCRIPTION
Plack::Middleware is a utility base class to write PSGI middleware. All you have to do is to inherit from Plack::Middleware and then implement the callback "call" method (or "to_app" method that would return the PSGI code reference) to do the actual work. You can use "$self->app" to call the original (wrapped) application. Your middleware object is created at a PSGI application compile time and is persistent during the web server life cycle (unless it is a non-persistent environment such as CGI), so you should never set or cache per-request data like $env in your middleware object. See also "OBJECT LIFECYCLE" in Plack::Component. See Plack::Builder how to actually enable middleware in your .psgi application file using the DSL. If you do not like our builder DSL, you can also use "wrap" method to wrap your application with a middleware: use Plack::Middleware::Foo; my $app = sub { ... }; $app = Plack::Middleware::Foo->wrap($app, %options); $app = Plack::Middleware::Bar->wrap($app, %options); RESPONSE CALLBACK
The typical middleware is written like this: package Plack::Middleware::Something; use parent qw(Plack::Middleware); sub call { my($self, $env) = @_; # pre-processing $env my $res = $self->app->($env); # post-processing $res return $res; } The tricky thing about post processing the response is that it could either be an immediate 3 element array ref, or a code reference that implements the delayed (streaming) interface. Dealing with these two types of response in each piece of middleware is pointless, so you're recommended to use the "response_cb" wrapper function in Plack::Util when implementing a post processing middleware. my $res = $app->($env); Plack::Util::response_cb($res, sub { my $res = shift; # do something with $res; }); The callback function gets a PSGI response as a 3 element array reference, and you can update the reference to implement the post processing. package Plack::Middleware::Always500; use parent qw(Plack::Middleware); use Plack::Util; sub call { my($self, $env) = @_; my $res = $self->app->($env); Plack::Util::response_cb($res, sub { my $res = shift; $res->[0] = 500; return; }); } In this example, the callback gets the $res and updates its first element (status code) to 500. Using "response_cb" makes sure that this works with the delayed response too. You're not required (and not recommended either) to return a new array reference - they will be simply ignored. You're suggested to explicitly return, unless you fiddle with the content filter callback (see below). Similarly, note that you have to keep the $res reference when you swap the entire response. Plack::Util::response_cb($res, sub { my $res = shift; $res = [ $new_status, $new_headers, $new_body ]; # THIS DOES NOT WORK return; }); This does not work, since assigning a new anonymous array to $res doesn't update the original PSGI response value. You should instead do: Plack::Util::response_cb($res, sub { my $res = shift; @$res = ($new_status, $new_headers, $new_body); # THIS WORKS return; }); The third element of PSGI response array ref is a body, and it could be either array ref or IO::Handle-ish object. The application could also make use of $writer object if "psgi.streaming" is in effect. Dealing with these variants is again really painful, and "response_cb" can take care of that too, by allowing you to return a content filter as a code reference. # replace all "Foo" in content body with "Bar" Plack::Util::response_cb($res, sub { my $res = shift; return sub { my $chunk = shift; return unless defined $chunk; $chunk =~ s/Foo/Bar/g; return $chunk; } }); The callback takes one argument $chunk and your callback is expected to return the updated chunk. If the given $chunk is undef, it means the stream has reached the end, so your callback should also return undef, or return the final chunk and return undef when called next time. SEE ALSO
Plack Plack::Builder Plack::Component perl v5.14.2 2011-06-22 Plack::Middleware(3pm)