Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users raid 0+1 +oracle getting slow data reads. Post 35945 by RTM on Wednesday 14th of May 2003 04:33:28 PM
Old 05-14-2003
How long has this server been set up this way (current versions of OS and Oracle)?

Have you had sar collecting information on the server before this?
Were there any old statitics that you could refer to - compare original to what you are seeing now (whether it be from sar or xxstat commands) - if you can't compare you have a harder time showing what is really wrong.

Post the init.ora file (should be able to find it in a directory below $ORACLE_HOME). I'll ask our DBA (who does work with us on problems here) what he thinks of all of this and what else you can look for to see if you have to put your DBA in his/her place.

For you to fix the problem you need to know what you can look at to help solve it (from both the OS and Oracle sides).

Quick Oracle overview

Tuning Oracle especially: Identfy Possible Bottlenecks

You show no errors in /var/adm/messages or metastat?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto capture data from rs232port andpull data into oracle database-9i automatically

Hi, i willbe very much grateful to u if u help me out.. if i simply connect pbx machine to printer by serial port RS232 then we find this view: But i want to capture this data into database automatically when the pbx is running.The table in database will contain similar to this view inthe... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boss
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get data from 3 differrnt oracle DB & then compare data

Hi All, I have a requirement to write a shell script for the following... we have 3 different database.... lets say A, B, C From these 3 DBs, i need to get data.. all have 3 different table...a,b, c A.a => Emp_code, count(*) B.b => emp_code, count(*) C.c => emp_code, copunt(*) Once get this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Recover RAID data

Hello, Given a scenario, I have 2 HDD which were used on the server with software RAID. Now, the original server crashed and I have attached these 2 HDD to the new server. Any possible chances to recover the data from any of this HDD ? I want to mount /dev/sdb3 on some folder.. Output of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinmay
3 Replies

4. AIX

ORACLE Database running slow on AIX ( nmon / topas )

Hello, How can I know if ORACLE Database is running slow due to Memory or due to processing power ? I have only Oracle Database running on a P4 with 4GB RAM. Could anyone suggest any tools which can help me determine exactly if it is memory issue or processor issue. (43 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
43 Replies

5. AIX

SCSI PCI - X RAID Controller card RAID 5 AIX Disks disappeared

Hello, I have a scsi pci x raid controller card on which I had created a disk array of 3 disks when I type lspv ; I used to see 3 physical disks ( two local disks and one raid 5 disk ) suddenly the raid 5 disk array disappeared ; so the hardware engineer thought the problem was with SCSI... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between buffered disk reads and cached reads?

I was analyzing the Disk read using hdparm utility. This is what i got as a result. # hdparm -t /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing buffered disk reads: 108 MB in 3.04 seconds = 35.51 MB/sec # hdparm -T /dev/sda /dev/sda: Timing cached reads: 3496 MB in 1.99 seconds = 1756.56 MB/sec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

RAID Configuration for IBM Serveraid-7k SCSI RAID Controller

Hello, I want to delete a RAID configuration an old server has. Since i haven't the chance to work with the specific raid controller in the past can you please help me how to perform the configuraiton? I downloaded IBM ServeRAID Support CD but i wasn't able to configure the video card so i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
0 Replies
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		  DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle - An oracle specific Handle object SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module provides a subclass of DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle that compensates for some of the idiosyncrasies of Oracle. METHODS
Connect PARAMHASH: Driver, Database, Host, User, Password Takes a paramhash and connects to your DBI datasource. BuildDSN Customized version of "BuildDSN" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle method. Takes additional argument SID. Database argument used unless SID provided. Two forms of DSN are generated depending on whether Host defined or not: dbi:Oracle:sid=<SID>;host=...[;port=...] dbi:Oracle:<SID> Read details in documentation for DBD::Oracle module. Insert Takes a table name as the first argument and assumes that the rest of the arguments are an array of key-value pairs to be inserted. InsertFromSelect Customization of "InsertFromSelect" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Unlike other DBs Oracle needs: o id generated from sequences for every new record. o query wrapping in parens. NOTE that on Oracle there is a limitation on the query. Every column in the result should have unique name or alias, for example the following query would generate "ORA-00918: column ambiguously defined" error: SELECT g.id, u.id FROM ... Solve with aliases: SELECT g.id AS group_id, u.id AS user_id FROM ... KnowsBLOBs Returns 1 if the current database supports inserts of BLOBs automatically. Returns undef if the current database must be informed of BLOBs for inserts. BLOBParams FIELD_NAME FIELD_TYPE Returns a hash ref for the bind_param call to identify BLOB types used by the current database for a particular column type. The current Oracle implementation only supports ORA_CLOB types(112). ApplyLimits STATEMENTREF ROWS_PER_PAGE FIRST_ROW takes an SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return ROWS_PER_PAGE starting with FIRST_ROW; DistinctQuery STATEMENTREF takes an incomplete SQL SELECT statement and massages it to return a DISTINCT result set. BinarySafeBLOBs Return undef, as Oracle doesn't support binary-safe CLOBS DatabaseVersion Returns value of ORA_OCI constant, see "Constants" in DBI. SimpleDateTimeFunctions Returns hash reference with specific date time functions of this database for "DateTimeFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. ConvertTimezoneFunction Custom implementation of "ConvertTimezoneFunction" in DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle. Use the following query to get list of timezones: SELECT tzname FROM v$timezone_names; Read Oracle's docs about timezone files: http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10749/ch4datetime.htm#i1006667 AUTHOR
Jesse Vincent, jesse@fsck.com SEE ALSO
perl(1), DBIx::SearchBuilder perl v5.14.2 2011-09-21 DBIx::SearchBuilder::Handle::Oracle(3pm)