Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple file processing
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers multiple file processing Post 35770 by TRUEST on Saturday 3rd of May 2003 09:22:46 AM
Old 05-03-2003
guess I was wrong. i thought there was no way this code "cat bigFile $fn > TMP_00" would work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Multiple Files

Hello Everyone, I am new to scripting and confused with how to do this efficiently. I am trying to use AWK to do this. I have a lot of files in a folder which has the data of my throughput measurements in two columns i.e. Serial # and Throughput. like this 177.994 847.9 178.996 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple excel files processing on unix

Hi all, I am faced with a rather unusual problem regarding interaction between NT and UNIX. I am using an ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tool on unix that has the capability to read .xls files. So, when I FTP an excel (.xls) file from a windows server to unix and attempt to read it with this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ucode_2482
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script Problem-Processing multiple scripts

Hi All, I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripting-processing multiple scripts

I have four scripts to run. My 1st script will make script2 and script3 to run. I am setting a cron job for this script1 to run continuously. This script1 will check for 2 text files and based on the existance of those text files it will initiate the script2 and script3. Now my doubt is that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RSC1985
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple groups of files processing

I have five directories, dir1 to dir5 for each directory, I have all same number-named folders. There are four types of folders, {1..10}, {20..30}, { 40..50}, {60..70} Now for each types of folder, I will do the same thing, here is the code for i in {1..5} do cd dir$i mkdir temp1 for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksgreen
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files awk

hai i need my single awk script to act on 4 trace files of ns2 and to calculate througput and it should print result from each trace file in a single trace file. i tried with the following code but it doesnt work awk -f awkscript inputfile1 inputfile2 inputfile3 inputfile4>outputfile ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarathyy
4 Replies

7. Programming

awk processing / Shell Script Processing to remove columns text file

Hello, I extracted a list of files in a directory with the command ls . However this is not my computer, so the ls functionality has been revamped so that it gives the filesizes in front like this : This is the output of ls command : I stored the output in a file filelist 1.1M... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plink (processing multiple commands) using Bash

I'm completely brand new to bash scripting (migrating from Windows batch file scripting). I'm currently trying to write a bash script that will automatically reset "error-disabled" Cisco switch ports. Please forgive the very crude and inefficient script I have so far (shown below). It is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKANET
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add rules for multiple lines processing

Hi , I want to process the below file and add rules for grouping based on key in unix shell script. For eg Input file : I have 3 columns and key column is group Group status application G1 Complete A1 G1 Delay A2 G2 Complete A3,A4 G3 Delay A5, A6... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashishagg2005
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files

Hello I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against a single report file in the temp directory and it does it's job../cfxfrwb... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
2 Replies
CONFIG.GUESS(1) 						   User Commands						   CONFIG.GUESS(1)

NAME
config.guess - guess the build system triplet SYNOPSIS
config.guess [OPTION] DESCRIPTION
The GNU build system distinguishes three types of machines, the `build' machine on which the compilers are run, the `host' machine on which the package being built will run, and, exclusively when you build a compiler, assembler etc., the `target' machine, for which the compiler being built will produce code. This script will guess the type of the `build' machine. Output the configuration name of the system `config.guess' is run on. Operation modes: -h, --help print this help, then exit -t, --time-stamp print date of last modification, then exit -v, --version print version number, then exit ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
config.guess might need to compile and run C code, hence it needs a compiler for the `build' machine: use the environment variable `CC_FOR_BUILD' to specify the compiler for the build machine. If `CC_FOR_BUILD' is not specified, `CC' will be used. Be sure to specify `CC_FOR_BUILD' is `CC' is a cross-compiler to the `host' machine. CC_FOR_BUILD a native C compiler, defaults to `cc' CC a native C compiler, the previous variable is preferred REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs and patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>. Originally written by Per Bothner. Copyright 1992-2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
autoconf(1), automake(1), autoreconf(1), autoupdate(1), autoheader(1), autoscan(1), config.guess(1), config.sub(1), ifnames(1), libtool(1). GNU Autoconf 2.69 August 2017 CONFIG.GUESS(1)