Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Date in syslog messages
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Date in syslog messages Post 35768 by emilia on Friday 2nd of May 2003 05:16:28 PM
Old 05-02-2003
Hammer & Screwdriver

killerserv

Thanks for this - I will investigate a bit more.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort syslog messages

how can i sort the syslog message, so that the lastest time stamp show first , oldest show last. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 3Gmobile
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with separating syslog messages.

Hello Guys... I am bit new to shell scripting and was looking for help !! I have got syslog data on a linux server recording log messages from a device. I need to seperate the data from log to file so that I can push it excell and get a report from that. Log is in the format below "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_26apr
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

syslog messages.

Good Day. Any idea on the messages log. it would be a great help to us. Upon checking the on the system logs, I found the following messages: EXT3-fs: INFO: recovery required on readonly filesystem. EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery. kjournald... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cabloy
1 Replies

4. AIX

syslog messages

Hi Is there any setting in the syslog.conf that I can define a string to disable certain type of message that is generated in the message file for example I want to stop these type of messages getting generated. UnablAug 18 07:06:30 local1:warn|warning KCML: WARNING /usr/local/kcml/kcml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: antointoronto
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a date to friday date and finding Min/Max date

Dear all, I have 2 questions. I have a file with many rows which has date of the format YYYYMMDD. 1. I need to change the date to that weeks friday date(Ex: 20120716(monday) to 20120720). Satuday/Sunday has to be changed to next week friday date too. 2. After converting the date to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2001.arun
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing date to resemble "messages file" date

the following was taken from a perl script: my $date = strftime "%B %d %H:%M:%S", localtime; how can i modify it so this date outputs the date in the form of the date of the messages file. for example: Sep 20 11:48:44 As it is right now, the perl script outputs the date like this: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines of two date range from syslog file

Hi Guys, I want to display lines from Solaris syslog file but with 2 dates range. I have some similar solution (https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/39293-grep-log-file-between-2-dates-4.html) which works fine but as you know syslog has different date format (Jan 22) so this is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashant2507198
1 Replies

8. AIX

Error messages in syslog

Hi, Can you please look into the below errors from syslog in AIX? And let me know is this a issue? How can I avoid these errors with out affecting my LPAR. Detail Data SYSLOG MESSAGE <27>Aug 23 08:24:28 syslog: slp: 0660-084 The SA failed to decode and compute received message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Syslog duplicate messages

I've heard that syslog in Solaris10 doesn't repeat duplicate messages and displays "last message repeated n times." Is there a way to increase the time interval, so that more messages are recognized as duplicates? thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date: invalid date trying to set Linux date in specific format

i try to set linux date & time in specific format but it keep giving me error Example : date "+%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" or date +"%d-%m-%C%y %H:%M:%S" -d "19-01-2017 00:05:01" keep giving me this error : date: invalid date ‘19-01-2017 00:05:01' Please use CODE tags... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies
atomic_bits(9F) 														   atomic_bits(9F)

NAME
atomic_bits, atomic_set_long_excl, atomic_clear_long_excl - atomic set and clear bit operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/atomic.h> int atomic_set_long_excl(volatile ulong_t *target, uint_t bit); int atomic_clear_long_excl(volatile ulong_t *target, uint_t bit); The atomic_set_long_excl() and atomic_clear_long_excl() functions perform an exclusive atomic bit set or clear operation on target. The value of bit specifies the number of the bit to be modified within target. Bits are numbered from zero to one less than the maximum number of bits in a long. If the value of bit falls outside of this range, the result of the operation is undefined. The atomic_set_long_excl() and atomic_clear_long_excl() functions return 0 if bit was successfully set or cleared. They return -1 if bit was already set or cleared. No errors are defined. These functions can be called from user or interrupt context. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ atomic_add(9F), atomic_and(9F), atomic_cas(9F), atomic_dec(9F), atomic_inc(9F), atomic_or(9F), atomic_swap(9F), membar_ops(9F), attributes(5), atomic_ops(3C) 13 May 2005 atomic_bits(9F)