Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Mod probe can't find module ppp0 Post 35701 by killerserv on Monday 28th of April 2003 09:23:03 PM
Old 04-28-2003
Do a route print after you connect and see where your default route is pointing. If it points to ethx change it to ppp0 with:

route del default
route add default ppp0

repeat with eth0 when you are done on the net. Do you turn on Firewall during installation, Also describe what type of network device you are using. Modem ? Does it able to probe during the installation ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't find gunzip

I installed Solaris 2.6 on a Sparc20... I was trying to uncompress the mozilla source... but it says "gunzip: not found" so... I thought i'd try tar -zxvf... which also won't work. I found gzip on www.sunfreeware.com... but I don't know how to install it... I'm assuming I have to use the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'find' command question

my solaris text talks about the 'find' command... it further goes to talk about an "action" used with the find command. I am completely confused as to what the {} do with the find comand. the explanation is this: "A set of braces, {}, delimits where the file name is passed to the command from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Clearify what it means under 'WHAT' when hit the 'w'-command

I wonder how I shall read the result below, especially 'what' shown below. The result was shown when I entered 'w'. E.g what is TOP? What is gosh ( what does selmgr mean?)? login@ idle JCPU PCPU what 6:15am 7:04 39 39 TOP 6:34am 6:45 45 45 TOP 6:41am ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aelgen
1 Replies

4. Programming

PCI device probe and find

:confused: Hi, everybody. Pleeeeese HLP!!! I write PCI device driver for bridge controller PCI-VME bus in freeBSD 2.2. And firs run function probe(): static char* probe(tag, type). Whuy probe() don't work for my vendorID and deviceID (bridge controller and videoadapter). But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alex_T
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

quoting echo 'it's friday'

echo 'it's friday' why appear the > (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

memory free up using 'find'

Hi, I am facing an interesting aspect of find command... to be clear, we are running a small web server with oracle 8i database and Oralce9iAS on Sun E250 with Solaris 2.6 Over a period of time, the free memory ( displayed in 'top' utility ) drops down.. we could relate this to dedicated... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shibz
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to remove a file with a leading dash '-' in it's name?

Somehow someone created a file named '-ov' in the root directory. Given the name, the how was probably the result of some cpio command they bozo'ed. I've tried a number of different ways to get rid of it using * and ? wildcards, '\' escape patterns etc.. They all fail with " illegal option --... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GSalisbury
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

What are the differences between 'bash' and 'sh'

Hopefully this doesn't come off as too much of a "newbie" question or a flamebait. But I have recently begun working with a Sun Solaris box after having spent the past five years working with RedHat. From what i can tell, thing look fairly similar and the 'man' command is some help. But I've... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
7 Replies

9. BSD

PROBE not find the device ID

Hi All, Probe is not returning the Device ID, while device (PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge) is already detected by "lspci". I checked this with printing all the device ID which has been detected. Can anyone give me any suggestion or solution. Thanks (in advance) Appu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu
2 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFR(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)

NAME
make_sockdfr - Generates frozen route file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfr [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfr reads in a plain-text route file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen route file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.route; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fr. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen route file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen route file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen route file /etc/sockd.fr first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text route file /etc/sockd.route. If you use frozen route file, you must remember to run make_sockdfr every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen version of a previous route file. To find out the contents of a frozen route file, use dump_sockdfr. FILES
/etc/sockd.fr, /etc/sockd.route SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfr(8), sockd.fr(5), sockd.route(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@esd.sgi.com or yingda@best.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFR(8)