Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: CD-R burning through a cron
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers CD-R burning through a cron Post 35307 by chamkila on Saturday 5th of April 2003 01:44:08 PM
Old 04-05-2003
you should be able to burn CD remotely, I do it at work with RH 7.3

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

burning Solaris 8 images

this is probably going to sound really stupid...but how do i burn the Solaris 8 images i got off of Sun's servers? i know youre supposed to burn them in Nero/EasyCD/whatever, but Nero gives me some bullshit about it being an "unrecognized format" and EasyCD wants to burn it as an audio file. do i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fuji250
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning

Hi, I've been tring to find a burning program for Solaris 7. I haven't had to much luck on this so far. What is a program I can use for burning on solaris 7? Thx in advanced. :) (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Burning Software

Hey all, No sorry I don't mean burning windows. Though it was a nice thought to think of that people :) Pat yourself on the back for thinking of burning Windows. No really though here the real question. I'm after burning software for Solaris 7 (or 8 if it has to be, perfer 7 though). I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Network Burning?

Hey all, When burning using Solaris 8, the standard command would look something like this; mkisofs -r filename filename.tar | cdrw -i -O But what I want to try and do it burn over the network and was wondering if anyone has done this before. Like a tape drive backup can be run across... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Burning ISO of Solaris 9

Hello, This is my first time setting up a Unix system, and I'm very excited to do so, but I'm run into some problems from the get go! I downloaded Solaris 9 (I specifically need this version of Unix, as I'm gunning for a better position in my company), and got a bz2 compressed image. I intend... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeet23
3 Replies

6. Solaris

CD burning tool

Im looking for any GUI Based burner to work under sun solaris 10, any ideas > (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
7 Replies

7. Programming

cdrecord frontend for dvd burning

I came across a small script called pyBurn (attached) which is a frontend for cdrecord. But it only burns cd's and doesn't even recognize my dvd-burner. I'm still learning python (very early stages) so I can't do much with it... is it possible to make it burn dvd's too? (I'm running Ubuntu Gutsy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: el mariachi
0 Replies

8. Linux

CD Burning in Linux, GUI Software

Hi.. I just brought a CD writer. It has nero for windows bundled with it. I found nero very easy to use as well as usefull.. I then see that wht we have in linux.. I found that in my Redhat 9 i have two CD writers software but both are no where nare nero... So is there any GUI based cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: billcrosby
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Problems burning DVD-RW media

Hello, I have Solaris 10 U13 and I try to burn an ISO image. First try: # cdrw -i myfile.iso Looking for CD devices... Device not ready. Second try: # cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -v -multi -pad -data myfile.iso cdrecord: No write mode specified. cdrecord: Asuming -tao mode.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluge
3 Replies
CRON(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   CRON(8)

NAME
cron - clock daemon SYNOPSIS
auth/cron [-c] DESCRIPTION
Cron executes commands at specified dates and times according to instructions in the files /cron/user/cron. It runs only on an authentica- tion server. Option -c causes cron to create /cron/user and /cron/user/cron for the current user; it can be run from any Plan 9 machine. Blank lines and lines beginning with # in these files are ignored. Entries are lines with fields minute hour day month weekday host command Command is a string, which may contain spaces, that is passed to an rc(1) running on host for execution. The first five fields are integer patterns for minute 0-59 hour 0-23 day of month 1-31 month of year 1-12 day of week 0-6; 0=Sunday The syntax for these patterns is time : '*' | range range : number | number '-' number | range ',' range Each number must be in the appropriate range. Hyphens specify inclusive ranges of valid times; commas specify lists of valid time ranges. To run the job, cron calls host and authenticates remote execution, equivalent to running rx host command (see con(1)). The user's profile is run with $service set to rx. Cron is not a reliable service. It skips commands if it cannot reach host within two minutes, or if the cron daemon is not running at the appropriate time. EXAMPLES
Here is the job that mails system news. % cat /cron/upas/cron # send system news 15 8-17, 21 *** helix /mail/lib/mailnews % SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/auth/cron.c SEE ALSO
con(1), rc(1) CRON(8)