Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements What about the email@unix.com idea? Post 35296 by HOUSCOUS on Friday 4th of April 2003 09:07:22 PM
Old 04-04-2003
Quote:
Originally posted by Kelam_Magnus
Aye, that is why Neo disabled autonotification of email replys last year. He was getting too many emails and charges were piling up.

You could say that Neo was a victim of his own website's success...
Yeah, but it should mean good, right? Smilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

whacky email idea

Here's an idea i've been toying with: I'd like to use the mail storage on my home machine (Apple's mail client mbox's) via an X client. I'd like to ssh -X and then fire up an X client for reading/sending mail while I'm away from my home machine. The advantage is that, I have all my mail (both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: [MA]Flying_Meat
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to send eMail from a UNIX-Host ( using mailx ) to a Outlook-email-addres(Win)

Hi A) I am able to send eMail using mailx from a UNIX ( solaris 8 ) host to my Outlook-email-ID : FName.Surname@Citigroup.com ( This is NOT my actual -eMail-ID). But in Outlook the "From :" eMail address is displayed as " usr1@unix-host1.unregistered.email.citicorp.com " .i.e the words... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vetrivela
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Send email where # is in the email address - Using Unix

Hi All, How do I send an email using malix where email address contains a #. I have a email address like this : #test@test.com I want to send email like malix -s "TEST" #test@test.com < SOMEFILE I tried \# but doesn't work. Please let me know how we can achieve this? I am in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jingi1234
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Limitations of awk? Good idea? Bad idea?

Keeping in mind that I'm relatively comfortable with programming in general but very new to unix and korn/bourne shell scripts.. I'm using awk on a CSV file, and then performing calculations and operations on specific fields within specific records. The CSV file I'm working with has about 600... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yongho
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Send email in UNIX

Hi, I am new to Shell script programming. Can anyone explain How to Send Mail in UNIX. Can explain in detail please? Thanks in Advance. From Sathish D V. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cooolthud
1 Replies

6. AIX

UNIX email

Is there a way UNIX can send an email to users when there is a problem in the system or a defunct process that needs to be killed? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apdeloss
3 Replies

7. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

email@unix.com

Hi all! First of all, a great thanx to all of your who had the idea of this site. Seconndly, will an email@unix.com exist? Jason :D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a_new_admin
4 Replies

8. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies
2004-04-15

mailping

MAILPING-CRON(1)						     Mailping							  MAILPING-CRON(1)

NAME
mailping-cron - run periodic processing to test email service availability and functioning SYNOPSIS
mailping-cron DESCRIPTION
mailping-cron processes incoming emails, updates status and sends out probe messages. The idea is to configure multiple email "circuits", send probe messages regularly, and see whether they complete the circuit and how long it took. Setting up a circuit 1. Give a name to the circuit, hereafter referred to as circuit. 2. Arrange for a local email address to be delivered to maildir /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/incoming/. See mailping-store. 3. Create a configuration for the circuit, by creating directory /etc/mailping/circuit. If you need non-default sender and/or recipient addresses, create files from and to there, containing the sender and recipient addresses suitable for the circuit. 4. You're done! Munin should now see the data. Testing multiple servers To test functioning of more than one email server, arrange an email alias at a remote site pointing to an address on your server, and set the address of that alias here. Here's an example of testing a system consisting of two email servers and everything in that path (smarthosts, primary MXs, virus checkers, etc.): Local address <mailping+that@this.example.com> is delivered with mailping-store to /var/lib/mailping/state/that/incoming/. Remote address <echo@that.example.com> is an alias that redirects all email to <mailping+that@this.example.com>. /etc/mailping/that/to is set to <echo@that.example.com>. FILES
/etc/mailping/circuit/from Sender address for the probe emails. Default: <currentuserid@fullyqualifiedhostname>. /etc/mailping/circuit/to Recipient address for the probe emails. You must arrange for the email to eventually get delivered to the maildir /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/incoming/. mailping-store will probably be useful in that. Default: <currentuserid+circuit@fullyqualifiedhostname> /etc/mailping/circuit/admin Admistrative address, set as Reply-To in probe messages. Default: do not add Reply-To. /etc/mailping/circuit/interval How often a probe message is sent, in seconds. Default: 600 seconds. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/ Stored state for the probing. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/junk/ Maildir used to store all messages in incoming that do not look like probe messages. Read and delete them regularly. /var/lib/mailping/state/circuit/broken/ Maildir used to store all messages in incoming that do look like probe messages, but a corresponding pending entry cannot be found. Duplicated probe messages cause these. Read and delete them regularly. ENVIRONMENT
MAILPING_CONFIGDIR Override the location of the configuration directory. Default: /etc/mailping MAILPING_STATEDIR Override the location of the state directory. Circuit states are stored in the state subdirectory of this directory, in subdirectories named after the circuit name. Default: /var/lib/mailping SEE ALSO
mailping-store(1), mailping-success(1), mailping-latency(1) AUTHOR
Tommi Virtanen <tv@havoc.fi> Havoc Consulting Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004 Havoc Consulting mailping 0. 2004-04-15 MAILPING-CRON(1)