Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Connecting DB in the Shell Script to do SQL Query Post 35080 by s93366 on Thursday 27th of March 2003 07:37:17 AM
Old 03-27-2003
with sqlplus for oracle you can do:

shell>sqlplus username/password @filename_with_sql.sql

where filename_with_sql.sql looks like this for example:
------------------------------------------
select * from v$database;
quit
-------------------------------------------

/Peter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing a SQL query from a shell script

I cannot figure out how to run a SQL script, or just a sqlplus query, from a shell script (bash or ksh). Basically, I need to su - oracle from root and run a query, then test the exit status. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a SQL query in shell script

Hi ALL, I need an help in connecting to oracle database, executing a select query and printing it on the screen. Can any one please write a simple code or psuedo code and let me know. select query returns multiple values( say select name from emp) Thanks in advance LM (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lijju.mathew
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

error connecting sql through a shell script

Hi I am getting this error while connecting to sql through a shell script, whereas i am able to connect to sql directly. It was working properly earlier, no clue why i am getting this. Please find the log below: FTP to <IP> completed Wed Apr 30 11:42:01 BST 2008 Program ended. Wed Apr 30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nehak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

query sql using shell script

query sql using shell script, is it possible? my friend told me to do a file.sql and link to my shell script, but can i query sql using shell script? thanks in advance! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingpeejay
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL block in a Shell Script connecting to a local and remote DB

Hi All, In a Shell scriipt with a SQL block I want to issue a query against a local DB and a remote DB on a remote server. The shell script is running locally. This is how I connect to the local server. But I want the query to reference remote table in the join. Question can I specify a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding executing sql query in shell script

Hi, I have one SQL file prepared in UNIX and one script that is executing that. In SQL i have Update and create queries. I want to introduce conditions in SQL file (in UNIX) that if either of the create or update query failes whole transaction should be rollback. I just have 1 create... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhii
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Sql query through shell script

hey , i am using this code to store value of a sql query and and then use it in other query but after some time , but it is not working. please help #!/bin/bash val_1=$( sqlplus -s rte/rted2@rel76d2 << EOF setting heading off select max(stat_id) from cvt_stats; exit EOF ) nohup... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramsavi
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert the SQL Query in Shell Script

Hi All, I have a query with output below select 'create synonym "'||TABLE_NAME||'" for '||Table_owner||'."'||table_name||'"'||chr(59) from user_synonyms; ================== create synonym "RV_SBC_SIG" for WFCONTROLLER_TE."RV_SBC_SIG"; create synonym "AQM_TASK" for AWQM_TE."AQM_TASK";... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pvmanikandan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to embed sql query into our shell script?

Hi I would like to embed a sql query in my shell script. Also, before any the sql query is executed, i would like to validate username and password. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arghadeep adity
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I read sql query into shell script?

Hello All, I'm trying to put together a shell script that will: 1. connect to an oracle database 2. execute a query 3. save the output to a csv file I know that I can execute the sqlplus -s user/pass @dbsid and get logged in. What I would like to do is have my query in a separate text... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
9 Replies
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle - parser for Oracle SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator; use SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle; my $translator = SQL::Translator->new; $translator->parser("SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle"); DESCRIPTION
From http://www.ss64.com/ora/table_c.html: CREATE [GLOBAL TEMPORARY] TABLE [schema.]table (tbl_defs,...) [ON COMMIT {DELETE|PRESERVE} ROWS] [storage_options | CLUSTER cluster_name (col1, col2,... ) | ORGANIZATION {HEAP [storage_options] | INDEX idx_organized_tbl_clause}] [LOB_storage_clause][varray_clause][nested_storage_clause] partitioning_options [[NO]CACHE] [[NO]MONITORING] [PARALLEL parallel_clause] [ENABLE enable_clause | DISABLE disable_clause] [AS subquery] tbl_defs: column datatype [DEFAULT expr] [column_constraint(s)] table_ref_constraint storage_options: PCTFREE int PCTUSED int INITTRANS int MAXTRANS int STORAGE storage_clause TABLESPACE tablespace [LOGGING|NOLOGGING] idx_organized_tbl_clause: storage_option(s) [PCTTHRESHOLD int] [COMPRESS int|NOCOMPRESS] [ [INCLUDING column_name] OVERFLOW [storage_option(s)] ] nested_storage_clause: NESTED TABLE nested_item STORE AS storage_table [RETURN AS {LOCATOR|VALUE} ] partitioning_options: Partition_clause {ENABLE|DISABLE} ROW MOVEMENT Column Constraints (http://www.ss64.com/ora/clause_constraint_col.html) CONSTRAINT constrnt_name {UNIQUE|PRIMARY KEY} constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name CHECK(condition) constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name [NOT] NULL constrnt_state CONSTRAINT constrnt_name REFERENCES [schema.]table[(column)] [ON DELETE {CASCADE|SET NULL}] constrnt_state constrnt_state [[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLY {IMMEDIATE|DEFERRED}] [RELY | NORELY] [USING INDEX using_index_clause] [ENABLE|DISABLE] [VALIDATE|NOVALIDATE] [EXCEPTIONS INTO [schema.]table] Note that probably not all of the above syntax is supported, but the grammar was altered to better handle the syntax created by DDL::Oracle. AUTHOR
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
SQL::Translator, Parse::RecDescent, DDL::Oracle. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-18 SQL::Translator::Parser::Oracle(3pm)