Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to read *.chm file under linux? Post 34927 by HOUSCOUS on Friday 21st of March 2003 10:42:50 PM
Old 03-21-2003
How to read *.chm file under linux?

How can I read *chm (compiled HTML) file under linux?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading *.chm files?

I have a bunch of e-books I got but i can't open them. Can I somewhat convert them into html? I don't have an X-server yet so any GUI-programs are out of the question. Are there any programs I might have? Running Debian. Regards Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: riwa
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to view .chm format files?

how can i open the .chm format files in fedora7 and rhel3,4 files? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

chm and pdf help in terminal (rename)

i have a cd of pdf and chm documents that i transfered from my windows xp box. i transfered the files to my linux box (ubuntu hardy). unfortunately, i used to be a windows GUI only user so the use of spaces and "( )" and underscores. now that i use linux, ive been using CLI for using and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Texasone
3 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

Application to create/edit chm files

Does someone knows an application to create/edit *.chm files? Any suggestion will be much appreciated! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agasamapetilon
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Nagios: How to read the Linux system file?

hi 2 all i installed nagios in my linux srvr . check_ftp file is in format of system format . i wants to see the syntax for that script how can i read that file .. ??? please help me ! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

When reading a csv file, counter to read 20 lines and wait for minute then read next 20 till end

Hello All, i am a newbie and need some help when reading a csv file in a bourne shell script. I want to read 10 lines, then wait for a minute and then do a reading of another 10 lines and so on in the same way. I want to do this till the end of file. Any inputs are appreciated ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: victor.s
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read a file with n records as one big string using linux

Hello! Is there a way i can read a file with n records as one big string using linux shell script? I have a file in the below format - REC1 REC2 REC3 . . . REC4 Record length is 3000 bytes per record and with a newline char at the end. What i need to do is - read this file as one... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mailme0205
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Linux read specific content file from tar.gz files without extracting

hello i wish to write the result of these below conditions in a file: 1. in a specific folder, i have many tar.gz files. 2. each tar.gz file contains ".dat" file in sub folders. 3. i wish to get the full path of these .dat files, if i find in it a specific word ("ERROR24"). 4. all this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyjames9
6 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						       System Administration						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)