Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers installing unix on a amd athlon processor Post 34884 by oombera on Wednesday 19th of March 2003 03:31:17 PM
Old 03-19-2003
I don't see why it would be.. I had linux running on a pc using an amd processor and it was fine.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX and Processor

What kind of processors can Free BSD run on? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heathbo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX on AMD

Can Sun Soloaris be installed on AMD processor? Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: irehman
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get processor Id in UNIX

Hello readers how to get the processor id in UNIX environment? how to get the network card Id in UNIX ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajashekaran
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I see the processor usage in Unix??

Could anybody tell me which command I should use to see how many percentage or something from the processor is used by various programs? Thanx in Advance! Erik:D (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Erik Rooijmans
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Athlon XP + Linux/Unix? and RAM Question

Has anyone had any experience with this new processor and its compatability with Linux/Unix? How did it preform comared to regular Athlons and P4's? I also have one other question. I plan on buying a new dell and fiddling left and right with it. Which type of RAM is better, RDRAM or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: KyPeN
3 Replies

6. Linux Benchmarks

Athlon XP3200 (@2236Mhz)

CPU/Speed: Athlon XP3200 @ 2236mhz Ram: 1GB DDR (344mhz) Motherboard: Abit NF7-S Cache: 512k on board Controller: Integrated Nforce2 Disk: 120Gb WD Special Edition, 40gb WD Caviar Load: 1 user. Clean boot, init 5 but X-Windows not loaded. Kernel: 2.6.5 pgms: gcc 3.2.3 Distribution:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Garp
0 Replies

7. Linux Benchmarks

Athlon XP 1600+

System Notes: CPU/Speed: AMD Athlon 1600+ 1.4Ghz Ram: 768 MO DDR 333 PC2100 Motherboard: KG-7 Bus: PCI Cache: 512KB HD Controller: ? Benchmarks: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: GuizZzmo
0 Replies

8. Linux Benchmarks

AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, Ram: 3.6 GB, Foxconn 7da-s and Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64

CPU/Speed: AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor Ram: 3.6 GB Motherboard: Foxconn 7da-s Bus: Cache: Controller: Disk: Load: Kernel: Linux 2.6.26-2-amd64 Kernel ELF?: pgms: ============================================================== BYTE UNIX Benchmarks (Version... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: migracho
0 Replies
ucodeadm(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      ucodeadm(1M)

NAME
ucodeadm - update processor microcode SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/ucodeadm -v /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -umicrocode-text-file /usr/sbin/ucodeadm -i [-R path] microcode-text-file DESCRIPTION
The ucodeadm utility can be used to report running microcode revision on the processors, update microcode, or install microcode on the tar- get system to be used during the boot process. The microcode-text-file can be obtained from processor vendors. OPTIONS
-v Report microcode revision. -u microcode-text-file Update microcode on all cross-call interrupt ready processors. -i microcode-text-file Install microcode files on target system to be used during the next boot cycle. The text file name must have the vendor name prefix, such as "intel" or "amd". By default the microcode files will be installed at: /platform/i86pc/ucode/$VENDORSTR/ where VENDORSTR is either "GenuineIntel" or "AuthenticAMD". -R alternate path Install microcode path in the alternate path. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Reporting the Microcode Revision The following example displays the microcode revision that is currently running: # ucodeadm -v Example 2 Updating the Processor Microcode The following example updates the processor microcode to intel-ucode.txt: # ucodeadm -u intel-ucode.txt Example 3 Installing the Microcode on the Target System The following example installs the microcode on the target system, /export/ucode-path: # ucodeadm -i -R /export/ucode-path intel-ucode.txt If an alternate path is used when installing the microcode on the target system, the installed microcode file is not used on the next boot cycle. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
psradm(1M), psrinfo(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2007 ucodeadm(1M)