Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers exit from telnet kills orbix process Post 347 by PxT on Monday 27th of November 2000 01:18:42 PM
Old 11-27-2000
I'm not sure what Orbix is? Some kind of database? Anyway, the problem is that your program is getting a hang-up signal and dying. Usually you can tell a program to ignore the hang-up by using the nohup(1) command.

ex:

nohup ./orbix <arguments>

See the nohup man page for more information.

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

application exit kills shells

Hi all, I start my application from a shell command-line. When I exit my application, it kills the shell that its returning too. Worse yet, since I have init respawning the shell all those subsequent shells get killed automatically...so I get output like the following (the >> is the prompt for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: q1001001
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exiting eXceed window kills my process

Hi, I run a binary application with GUI accessibility. To launch and close the application i follow the following steps: 1.Log into a console session. Export display to the local workstation. 2.Launch X windows app ( eXceed ) 3.From terminal session go to the my application directory and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shantaputi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exit from telnet when run Remotely

ssh user@host -q -n 'grep `hostname` /etc/hosts; telnet 10.100.23.45 1234;' When i run this command remotely it is hanging and not giving me the prompt, Can anyone tell me how can I exit a telnet command remotely please. Thanks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: venu_nbk
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get rid of message when script kills process it started?

When I run the following script I get the following error message whcih I would like to suppress when the kill is issued: ./kill.sh: line 13: 31854 Killed nc -l -p 12345 Script: #!/bin/bash echo running nc in the background nc -l -p 12345 & PID=$! echo nc pid: $PID ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmarkle
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

way to exit a infinite process

There is a sh file called "agg.sh", this is a kind of negative scenario, this script would fail as expected, but the problem is that after executing the script the following o/p is displayed continuosly without returning the control.We have to press "crtrl+c" to exit the script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: villain41
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH: Test telnet and exit

Hi, I need to do a test Telnet in KSH and if the connection is good then disconnect the telnet session with out logging in and without exiting the shell script. Example output of a good connection: $telnet xxx.xx.xx.xxx xxxx Trying xxx.xx.xx.xxx... Connected to xxx.xx.xx.xxx. Escape... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: calex
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto-exit from telnet prompt

Hi, Hope all your are doing well. Need a suggestion from you. I am writing an automated shell script that will effectively check the telnet connectivity with different backends from present deployment server. Ideally, this script reads each backend hostname from a configuration file and fires... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

process and exit to new page

File1 --> into shell file for processing --> file2 I have finished the work on my shell processing script, but I need to call this from a form -->cgi-bin, have the form wait/process bar while processing occurs (5-10 seconds) and then have the shell exit gracefully while transferring to the new... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Send Email to a user when an admin kills process

Can anyone create or give me a script that I can use to email a user automatically when I kill one of their processes? Or Can you give me a script to allow me to email a user (entering email manually) when a process is killed? Like showing what the PID was and a reason the admin killed it? Is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoeGazz84
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux process exit

friends when I call to a procedure where DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE bd are having the procedure? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tricampeon81
4 Replies
NOHUP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  NOHUP(1)

NAME
nohup -- invoke a utility immune to hangups SYNOPSIS
nohup [--] utility [arguments] DESCRIPTION
The nohup utility invokes utility with its arguments and at this time sets the signal SIGHUP to be ignored. If the standard output is a ter- minal, the standard output is appended to the file nohup.out in the current directory. If standard error is a terminal, it is directed to the same place as the standard output. Some shells may provide a builtin nohup command which is similar or identical to this utility. Consult the builtin(1) manual page. ENVIRONMENT
The following variables are utilized by nohup: HOME If the output file nohup.out cannot be created in the current directory, the nohup utility uses the directory named by HOME to create the file. PATH Used to locate the requested utility if the name contains no '/' characters. DIAGNOSTICS
The nohup utility exits with one of the following values: 126 The utility was found, but could not be invoked. 127 The utility could not be found or an error occurred in nohup. Otherwise, the exit status of nohup will be that of utility. SEE ALSO
builtin(1), csh(1), signal(3) STANDARDS
The nohup utility is expected to be IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2'') compatible. BUGS
Two or more instances of nohup can append to the same file, which makes for a confusing output. BSD
July 19, 2001 BSD