Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Getting on the Internet with Solaris 8 Post 34695 by eloquent99 on Wednesday 5th of March 2003 11:53:55 AM
Old 03-05-2003
what about hardware compatibility

what about the nic card I have? I know the compatible hardware list for Solaris is much smaller then for windows. And if it is compatible, where do I get the drivers? Sun or compaq??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Internet Solaris

configure internet connection on Solaris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CreamHarry
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

Internet Explorer Solaris

Downloaded and installed, when I try to execute iexplorer it responds with "iexplorer: not found", but it is right there in the directory I am in and I im logged in as root. any ideas? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cluettr
3 Replies

3. Cybersecurity

internet on solaris

i am on solaris 8 and i wish to configure internet on solaris 8 using our proxy server. How to i do that. Hitesh Shah (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
1 Replies

4. Solaris

No internet - Solaris 10 new install

Hi all I am new to unix having played with linux for a few years (still newbie). My problem is I am having trouble connecting to the internet. I do not seem to have an eth0 connection just a locahost. I read on a blog post somewhere that unix uses pcn0 instead of eth0 but it seems my card... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skewbie
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Trying to get Solaris 10 on the Internet

Hello! I'm having trouble getting this to work so I ask kindly if I can get some help to get it to work, please :). I installed Solaris 10 (nov 06) on a laptop and I been trying to get it to connect to the router (wired connection) and it doesn't work. I have a 2wire 2700HG router that has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RemoL
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 Wireless Internet - Please help!

Hello, I have Solaris 10 Express, and am going to try OpenSolaris on a different computer. I need to configure and setup my wireless card, a NetGear WG311T, on my Solaris 10 machine, because I have no internet yet. Please help me get my wireless working, Thanks. -SunPowered Some links... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpowered
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Internet on solaris

Hi friends,i use BSNL broadband for my internet through a modem(a router) from ethernet port.i use a username and password to connect.Its dhcp .plz help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santugvd
1 Replies

8. Solaris

how to connect internet in solaris???

Hi !!!! i am very new in solaris. at present i am using windows XP for internet connection. ISP has given me user name and password for connecting to the internet. it is a brodband DSL connection. but i am unable to connect to the internet in solaris. i am using one static ip given by the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alamin
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 10 - How to connect to internet

I recently installed solaris 10 on a seperate hard disk in my desktop pc. My first hard disk is running windows xp. I am totally new to solaris. Please help me to connect to the internet through solaris 10. I read a few threads, and re-installed solaris 10 by giving 'Yes' to the question that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari86av
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris can go out to internet

I am using Solaris 10 for a Desktop OS , also router has been configured to connect to the net , but error 404 is coming always. :eek: I add new gateway bout that did not worked , so guessing I need to add DNS but where .:D (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
9 Replies
PCSCD(8)							    PC/SC Lite								  PCSCD(8)

NAME
pcscd - PC/SC Smart Card Daemon SYNOPSIS
pcscd [options] OPTIONS
-a, --apdu log APDUs and SW using the debug method (see --debug). -c, --config file Specifies the file file as an alternate location for /etc/reader.conf. -f, --foreground Runs pcscd in the foreground and sends log messages to stderr instead of syslog(3). -d, --debug use the lowest log level. Any log message of this level or above will be sent to stderr or syslog(3) depending on the use of --fore- ground. --info use info log level. This is the default log level. --error use error log level. --critical use critical log level. The log levels are ordered as: debug < info < error < critical. Use a log level l will log this level and all the levels above it. -h, --help Displays information about the pcscd command line -v, --version Displays the program version number -H, --hotplug Ask pcscd to rescan the USB buses for added or removed readers and re-read the /etc/reader.conf file to detect added or removed non- USB readers (serial or PCMCIA). DESCRIPTION
pcscd is the daemon program for pcsc-lite and the MuscleCard framework. It is a resource manager that coordinates communications with smart card readers and smart cards and cryptographic tokens that are connected to the system. pcscd is normally started at boot time from /etc/init.d/pcscd. It allows applications to access smart cards and readers without knowing details of the card or reader. pcscd coordinates the loading of drivers for card readers. The purpose of pcsc-lite is to provide a cross compatible API (called winscard) for migrating Windows based PC/SC applications to Unix. At startup, pcscd loads the smart card reader drivers specified in the /etc/reader.conf file (or specified using --config file). SERIAL SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
Smart card reader drivers are placed in the /usr/lib64/readers directory. Each driver is simply an .so file. pcscd locates the driver using the /etc/reader.conf file. See the reader.conf(5) manual page for more information. Drivers are available at http://www.muscle- card.com/drivers.html. USB SMART CARD READER DRIVERS
USB smart card reader drivers are located in /usr/lib64/readers directory as a bundle. You shall not add a USB driver in /etc/reader.conf file. FILES
/etc/reader.conf : Reader configuration file /etc/init.d/pcscd : pcscd startup script /var/run/pcscd/pcscd.pid : process id of the running pcscd /usr/lib64/readers : directory containing bundles for USB drivers SEE ALSO
bundleTool(8), reader.conf(5), syslog(3) AUTHORS
David Corcoran <corcoran@musclecard.com> and Ludovic Rousseau <ludovic.rousseau@free.fr> Muscle January 2007 PCSCD(8)