Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting PERL: Read from Database and copy Post 34653 by WIntellect on Tuesday 4th of March 2003 08:30:48 AM
Old 03-04-2003
You could look at the perl DBI module which is database independant. Haven't used it though. Details about it are at CPAN, found here:

http://search.cpan.org/author/TIMB/DBI-1.34/DBI.pm

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read SQL database from Unix...

Hi there, I am new here and looking for a bit of help... I don't don't know much about Unix but I've tried to include as much info as possible. We currently operate our system as a bespoke on SCO 5.05 with Informix databases. This includes a financials package called "Multisoft". Both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: uptheposh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sample ksh script for copy the data from excel to database table ?

Hi All, I need to convert the data from excel to database table in sybase. Please provide some sample script.. thanks, Royal. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royal9482
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass a date read from database to the shell script?

Hi i have a database table which i will query in a sqlplus session and it will either come back with a date or null? Now, what i want to do is based on the date returned i will either abort or continue with the script execution. I need to know is there a way other than spooling the date... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinoo128
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

To Read a File and Insert a part of the lines into the database

Hi Guys I need to have a shell script which reads a log file and insert a part of each line into the database. Some sample lines in the file are as below. 20091112091359 MED_RQACK : user_data=60173054304,100232120,20091112091359,;ask_status=0;ask_reason=OK;msg_id=20091112091319... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Somanadh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read database tablename from another file

i hava a file which contains database like emp dept loc now i want to create a script that read this file line by line and create a seperate query that ll be run in database like.. DELETE FROM TRS_ONE_ATDE WHERE DATA_DT = <from file> how can this be achieved. pls help. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukeshguliao
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with perl database printing

Hey guys i am using perl and trying to pull a list of books from a database and then populate the list in a separate TT2 file. When the list is generated there should be 39 book names. When I do the foreach statement in my tt2 below, the first statement gives me 39 Array(random number) and the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joey12
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with backup and copy a database

Hi, I have many servers distributed on my customer locations all servers has MYSQL database. I want to backup database for each server on server at my location using scheduler. So I create Shell script file to backup and copy the database file from customer server to my server as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amsbas
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

CRON Job to copy database and replace existing database

I have a reseller account with hostgator, which means i have WHM and Cpanel. I have set up a staging environment for one of my wordpress installations (client website), which is essentially sitting at staging.domain.com (live site is at domain.com). The staging website is a complete copy of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nzrobert
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read latest log files and perform database insert

Hi Experts, I have a situation where I need to write a shell script to continuously monitor a log directory with multiple log files and perform following: 1. Read the latest log file continuously and grep "Success" OR "Failure" 2. As it capture either Success or Failure, it has to perform a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rish_max
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Creating script to read many files and load into database via single control file

Hi, I have many files but with only 2 names , I want to load the data of that file into database through sqlldr with single control file. how can i do that ????? Example: switch_file switch_file billing_file billing_file now these files should be loaded into same database but different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niti_sharma
1 Replies
VLDB.DB0(5)							AFS File Reference						       VLDB.DB0(5)

NAME
vldb.DB0, vldb.DBSYS1 - Contain the Volume Location Database and associated log DESCRIPTION
The file vldb.DB0 contains the Volume Location Database (VLDB), which tracks the location of all AFS volumes stored on file server machines in the cell. The Volume Location (VL) Server (vlserver process) provides information from the database to Cache Managers when they need to access AFS data. The file vldb.DBSYS1 is a log file in which the VL Server logs each database operation before performing it. When an operation is interrupted, the VL Server replays the log to complete the operation. Both files are in binary format and reside in the /var/lib/openafs/db directory on each of the cell's database server machines. When the VL Server starts or restarts on a given machine, it establishes a connection with its peers and verifies that its copy of the database matches the copy on the other database server machines. If not, the VL Servers call on AFS's distributed database technology, Ubik, to distribute to all of the machines the copy of the database with the highest version number. Always use the commands in the vos suite to administer the VLDB. It is advisable to create an archive copy of the database on a regular basis, using a tool such as the UNIX tar command. SEE ALSO
vldb_check(8), vlserver(8), vos(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 VLDB.DB0(5)