Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Perl, Pipes, and FTP
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Perl, Pipes, and FTP Post 3462 by mib on Tuesday 3rd of July 2001 02:24:34 AM
Old 07-03-2001
Use Net::FTP Module from http://search.cpan.org

$ftp = Net::FTP->new("some.host.name", Debug => 0);
$ftp->login("name",'pass');
$ftp->cwd("mydir");
$ftp->get("file");
$ftp->quit;

HTH

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

PIPEs and Named PIPEs (FIFO) Buffer size

Hello! How I can increase or decrease predefined pipe buffer size? System FreeBSD 4.9 and RedHat Linux 9.0 Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jus
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl to ftp

Hi all, I am trying to download a build from an ftp server. My problem is that my build contains sub folders and files within the sub folders. I can ftp a single file at a time, but it will be difficult to specify all the paths and download individula files. My build structure is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl help with pipes and file handles (simple issue)

Hello, I have a program which opens a pipe for communication using file handle and forks 5 child processes. @waitlist = (1,2,3,4,5); foreach $item (@waitlist) { pipe *{$item},RETHAND; unless ($pid = fork()) { # Child process print RETHAND... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_learner
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ftp code in Perl

Hi All, i want to have a ftp function in my perl but i am unfamailiar with the perl syntax. Can any body help ? The ftp code below is in csh, can anybody help to convert this to perl with the same functionality ? foreach t (10.10.10.10 20.20.20.20) set USER = "xxx" set PASS = "zzz"... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
21 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate ftp in perl

My situations is I cannot use NET::ftp. So I need to have a way to automate ftp. I know how to do it in ksh: #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -i -v -n $host_name <<_FTP >> $log_file 2>&1 user $user_name lcd $local_dir cd $remote_dir put $file_name bye _FTP But how can I do it in perl? Note:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyfan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp files in perl

Hi, I am using NET::FTP in perl to tranfer files. i have an array of files and then I m getting one bye one using foreach. the problem is I m not gettng the complete list of files. the program terminates after 2 files. when I execute again it will transfer the remaining 2 files. (... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in perl

Hi, I have three files in this /home/mani/ location. I would like to ftp to another server. could you please give perl for that requirement. Thanks, Mani (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
10 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Monitoring Using Perl

Hi, Can anyone help me to start a monitoring script in perl of a FTP server. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phanik143
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ftp the files in perl.?

i want to upload two different files in to two different directories(path) on ftp server.but i am able to ftping only one at a time :(.. not both simultaneously. here i have connectd the ftp and use the binary mode to transfer the files $ftp = Net::FTP->new($ftphost, Debug => 0) or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarts
2 Replies
ftp(4)								   File Formats 							    ftp(4)

NAME
ftp - FTP client configuration file SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/ftp DESCRIPTION
Use the ftp file to configure the behavior of the FTP client. Lines that begin with a hash symbol ("# ") are treated as comment lines and are ignored. Behavior Directives The ftp file supports the following behavior directives: FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST=yes | no The ls command of the ftp client sends an NLST to the FTP Server by default. Several non-Solaris clients send LIST instead. In order to make the Solaris ftp client send LIST when the ls command is issued, set FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST to no. The value of FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST is yes by default. If the user sets a value for FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST in the user's environment, this value will override any FTP_LS_SENDS_NLST directive that is specified in /etc/default/ftp. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWbipr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ftp(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 Oct 2002 ftp(4)