Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Daemons
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Daemons Post 34398 by Pennywize on Thursday 20th of February 2003 09:51:10 AM
Old 02-20-2003
Thanks....but i don't know which number .... I have rc.0,rc.2,rc.3.......
Numbers means Run-Levels ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS daemons

Does anyone know the command to start the DNS Daemon. I looked in the /etc/init.d/inetsvc file and it tells me what the text should look like. When I go to open the corresponding files they are encoded and I can't read them. So is there a command that will start the DNS daemon? If... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deuce
8 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

root owner of daemons?

Hi all, what happens if i have a service running as root? if it is exploited what would happen? can a hacker actually becomes a hacker and screw up my whole box? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xNYx
1 Replies

3. Linux

A doubt on Daemons

Hi there! I'm a bit curious on something about Daemons.... Supose you have two processes say A and B, where B is a daemon. A is totally independent from B. Is there a way for A to find out B's return code? Is there a way for A to find out when B ends? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marioh
4 Replies

4. Solaris

SUN SOLARIS boot: start daemons

Hi, I have a problem on a Solaris 9 server! After a restart some daemons don't start and I have to start them manually! I thing that everything is ok in the /sbin/rc3 script! And if I run manually the "/etc/init.d/xxx start" the services start without problem. I didn't find anything in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctap
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting daemons at reboot.

I rebooted my server (solaris 5.8) and I had to manually start the cron and mailx daemons. How do I get these to automatically start at reboot? Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorty
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

piping and backgroud processes (daemons)

Hello to all, I've a strage problem here: a perl script that parses the output of sar -q 300 0 (one line of performace data each 5 min. infinately) works fine from the CLI. It processes one line output every 5 minutes. If i disconnect it from the terminal (executing it with cron, nohup startporc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: demwz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

daemons definition

hi there, can somebody give me a definition for daemons, or example what are they !! and what the use for? i've done some research and all what i found is /etc/... or /usr/bin/... and i haven't quietly got the concept. any ideas !! Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2Linux
5 Replies

8. HP-UX

status of daemons

Hi there all, Hey, is there a way to get the status of all daemons running on a HPUX? in an easy way? Like the same way how to vieuw the status of packages in cmviewcl. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: draco
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Command to list down all daemons in Solaris

Hi All, Is there any command to list all running daemons in Solaris. I should able to see only running daemons. Regards, SKumar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nskumar
5 Replies
IPC::Run::Debug(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      IPC::Run::Debug(3pm)

NAME
IPC::Run::Debug - debugging routines for IPC::Run SYNOPSIS
## ## Environment variable usage ## ## To force debugging off and shave a bit of CPU and memory ## by compile-time optimizing away all debugging code in IPC::Run ## (debug => ...) options to IPC::Run will be ignored. export IPCRUNDEBUG=none ## To force debugging on (levels are from 0..10) export IPCRUNDEBUG=basic ## Leave unset or set to "" to compile in debugging support and ## allow runtime control of it using the debug option. DESCRIPTION
Controls IPC::Run debugging. Debugging levels are now set by using words, but the numbers shown are still supported for backwards compatibility: 0 none disabled (special, see below) 1 basic what's running 2 data what's being sent/recieved 3 details what's going on in more detail 4 gory way too much detail for most uses 10 all use this when submitting bug reports noopts optimizations forbidden due to inherited STDIN The "none" level is special when the environment variable IPCRUNDEBUG is set to this the first time IPC::Run::Debug is loaded: it prevents the debugging code from being compiled in to the remaining IPC::Run modules, saving a bit of cpu. To do this in a script, here's a way that allows it to be overridden: BEGIN { unless ( defined $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} ) { eval 'local $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} = "none"; require IPC::Run::Debug"' or die $@; } } This should force IPC::Run to not be debuggable unless somebody sets the IPCRUNDEBUG flag; modify this formula to grep @ARGV if need be: BEGIN { unless ( grep /^--debug/, @ARGV ) { eval 'local $ENV{IPCRUNDEBUG} = "none"; require IPC::Run::Debug"' or die $@; } Both of those are untested. AUTHOR
Barrie Slaymaker <barries@slaysys.com>, with numerous suggestions by p5p. perl v5.14.2 2012-01-16 IPC::Run::Debug(3pm)