Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris and Cluster Patches
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Solaris and Cluster Patches Post 34395 by edkung on Thursday 20th of February 2003 09:41:58 AM
Old 02-20-2003
quite positive. Small HD, I was a bit more ignorant then (tho the more I learn the more I realize how ignorant I am, so maybe more naive would be better said) and the Senior Admin isnt the best help at times...lessons sometimes are hard learned...
anyway I am figuring just deleting the /var/sadm/pkg/<package>/save/* . Unless you have a better idea.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 patches

"Solaris 10 is here and so are the latest patches. For a limited time SunSolve will provide access to all Solaris 10 patches. Download the latest Solaris 10 patches using Patchfinder and find updated support content using the SunSolve Knowledgebase. After this promotion ends, Solaris 10 security... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: busta
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Is there any way to show the patches that have been installed in what order, or by date? For example, we have servers, we run the sun patch cluster on them every so often. but then we have some 1zee 2zee's which id like to identify. do i ahve to go into each directory and look at time stamps?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add patches to solaris 10?

I am seeking help to add patches to Sloris 10 on 64 bit Sparc server. This is to prepare the server for the installation of oracle 10g. Please list command and the directory (If needed). Thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
7 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

Building a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris

Provides a description of how to set up a Solaris Cluster Express cluster in a VirtualBox on OpenSolaris. More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 Recommended Patches

Does anyone get the following error message below when trying to download solaris 10 recommended patch? End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the latter case the central directory and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarccastik Dude
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris patches

Hi Friends... can some one tel me any tool for analysing patch on solaris, then download n install it wit all dependency patches???? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhan143
3 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Patches

Hello all, I wanted to check in Solaris 10 machine whether it has got all the required patches . Is there any way to find out. Rgds Rj (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 Patches

Can anyone link me to where I can get solaris 10 patches, since now sunsolve.sun.com redirects to some useless oracle support page? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goodvikings
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Understanding Patches on Solaris-10

Hi, From security guy, I was told to install below three patches on Solaris-10 (Sparc) server 120272-31 124393-12 125731-11 Here is output from server - # showrev -p | grep 120272-31 # showrev -p | grep 120272 Patch: 120011-14 Obsoletes: 116781-02, 117447-01, 117463-05, 118371-10,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies
depend(4)                                                          File Formats                                                          depend(4)

NAME
depend - software dependencies file DESCRIPTION
depend is an ASCII file used to specify information concerning software dependencies for a particular package. The file is created by a software developer. Each entry in the depend file describes a single software package. The instance of the package is described after the entry line by giving the package architecture and/or version. The format of each entry and subsequent instance definition is: type pkg name (arch)version (arch)version ... The fields are: type Defines the dependency type. Must be one of the following characters: P Indicates a prerequisite for installation; for example, the referenced package or versions must be installed. I Implies that the existence of the indicated package or version is incompatible. R Indicates a reverse dependency. Instead of defining the package's own dependencies, this designates that another package depends on this one. This type should be used only when an old package does not have a depend file, but relies on the newer package nonetheless. Therefore, the present package should not be removed if the designated old package is still on the system since, if it is removed, the old package will no longer work. pkg Indicates the package abbreviation. name Specifies the full package name. (arch)version Specifies a particular instance of the software. A version name cannot begin with a left parenthesis. The instance specifi- cations, both (arch) and version, are completely optional, but each (arch)version pair must begin on a new line that begins with white space. A null version set equates to any version of the indicated package. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample of depend file Here are the contents of a sample depend file, for the SUNWftpr (FTP Server) package, stored in /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWftpr/install: P SUNWcar Core Architecture, (Root) P SUNWkvm Core Architecture, (Kvm) P SUNWcsr Core Solaris, (Root) P SUNWcsu Core Solaris, (Usr) P SUNWcsd Core Solaris Devices P SUNWcsl Core Solaris Libraries R SUNWftpu FTP Server, (Usr) SEE ALSO
pkginfo(4) Application Packaging Developer's Guide SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 1996 depend(4)