Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting One Last Question about Core Files (distinguish) URGENT Post 34365 by LivinFree on Tuesday 18th of February 2003 03:14:25 PM
Old 02-18-2003
core.png is very possibly a PNG image file - try using the "file" command on it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

URGENT:Program is not dropping core on customer AIX Machine

hi We have a program which is running on cutomer end,and when its crashing its not dropping core, we asked them to check ulimit,they say that its unlimited. Even when they crash the program manually by using command kill -ABRT <pid> its not dropping the core,on our end when we use same... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan_069
1 Replies

2. AIX

distinguish the extension of a file

Hello, In a script shell, I have a variable containing the name of a file and I would like to distinguish the name from the extention of the file. For example, the file 'myfile.txt' is in a variable called $VAR. How can I obtain 2 variables, one with 'myfile' and the other with 'txt' ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tbeghain
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Urgent - core dump in solaris 5.10

anybody know abt Segmentation Fault - core dumped in solaris 5.10..wats this error?? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sanjana
4 Replies

4. HP-UX

how to distinguish different files while ftp?

how to distinguish different files and choose a mode while ftp?means which modes ascii or binary for zip(.gz) ,.txt,.sh,.dat and executable as well as movie files. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: megh
1 Replies

5. Programming

what is the distinguish between gmake and make?

I am working on solaris 9. and use gmake to compile and linke c/c++ program. anybody can tell me the distinguish between gmake and make? :confused: (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.zhu
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT grep question

I want to grep "abc" from "logyy". I want not only the instance of "abc" to return, but the line just above it as well (no matter what it is). :) Can some one please assit me to drive on this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
2 Replies

7. Solaris

MB/P0/F0 urgent question

I have sunfire question and getting the following error message through prtdiag. MB/P0/F0 RS failed 0 rpm What it means? Please help me ASAP. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mokkan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent Awk Question

I need to get the lines in a log file matching a particular string, and print out the output to the screen from the point of the match, to the end of the file. I know this code does it: awk '/regex/,0' but the string I need to search for inside the log file looks something like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Very urgent question please!!!!

I have a file like below. I need from each group of messages only first lines after error. Could you pleasde help me to write a correct program? expected output is like this "Error 126614 in debt instrument header for debt instrument ID 10115537: The rating reason RATING AFFIRMED selected for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Question: # of ldoms on T5240 with 2 T2 US 8 core

I have a T5240 with 2 T2 US 8 core.. Theoretically how many ldoms can I configure? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iftikhar Barrie
5 Replies
png(n)								Image manipulation							    png(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
png - PNG querying and manipulation of meta data SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require crc32 package require png ?0.1.2? ::png::validate file ::png::isPNG file ::png::imageInfo file ::png::getTimestamp file ::png::setTimestamp file time ::png::getComments file ::png::removeComments file ::png::addComment file keyword text ::png::addComment file keyword lang keyword2 text _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides commands to query and modify PNG images. PNG stands for Portable Network Graphics and is specified at http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2. COMMANDS
::png::validate file Returns a value indicating if file is a valid PNG file. The file is checked for PNG signature, each chunks checksum is verified, existence of a data chunk is verified, first chunk is checked for header, last chunk is checked for ending. Things not checked for are: validity of values within a chunk, multiple header chunks, noncontiguous data chunks, end chunk before actual eof. This proce- dure can take lots of time. Possible return values: OK File is a valid PNG file. SIG no/broken PNG signature. BADLEN corrupt chunk length. EOF premature end of file. NOHDR missing header chunk. CKSUM crc mismatch. NODATA missing data chunk(s). NOEND missing end marker. ::png::isPNG file Returns a boolean value indicating if the file file starts with a PNG signature. This is a much faster and less intensive check than ::png::validate as it does not check if the PNG data is valid. ::png::imageInfo file Returns a dictionary with keys width, height, depth, color, compression, filter, and interlace. The values are the associated prop- erties of the PNG image in file. Throws an error if file is not a PNG image, or if the checksum of the header is invalid. For information on interpreting the values for the returned properties see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Chunks.html. ::png::getTimestamp file Returns the epoch time if a timestamp chunk is found in the PNG image contained in the file, otherwise returns the empty string. Does not attempt to verify the checksum of the timestamp chunk. Throws an error if the file is not a valid PNG image. ::png::setTimestamp file time Writes a new timestamp to the file, either replacing the old timestamp, or adding one just before the data chunks if there was no previous timestamp. time is the new time in the gmt epoch format. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image. ::png::getComments file Currently supports only uncompressed comments. Does not attempt to verify the checksums of the comment chunks. Returns a list where each element is a comment. Each comment is itself a list. The list for a plain text comment consists of 2 elements: the human read- able keyword, and the text data. A unicode (international) comment consists of 4 elements: the human readable keyword, the language identifier, the translated keyword, and the unicode text data. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image. ::png::removeComments file Removes all comments from the PNG image in file. Beware - This uses memory equal to the file size minus comments, to hold the inter- mediate result. Throws an error if file is not a valid PNG image. ::png::addComment file keyword text Adds a plain text comment to the PNG image in file, just before the first data chunk. Will throw an error if no data chunk is found. keyword has to be less than 80 characters long to conform to the PNG specification. ::png::addComment file keyword lang keyword2 text Adds a unicode (international) comment to the PNG image in file, just before the first data chunk. Will throw an error if no data chunk is found. keyword has to be less than 80 characters long to conform to the PNG specification. keyword2 is the translated key- word, in the language specified by the language identifier lang. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category png of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. KEYWORDS
comment, image, png, timestamp COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2004, Code: Aaron Faupell <afaupell@users.sourceforge.net> Copyright (c) 2004, Doc: Andreas Kupries <andreas_kupries@users.sourceforge.net> png 0.1.2 png(n)