Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users what commands are used to deal with core files on linux redhat??? Post 34310 by TRUEST on Saturday 15th of February 2003 09:52:50 AM
Old 02-15-2003
what commands are used to deal with core files on linux redhat???

how do you cause a running pocess to dump a core file on linux systems??

i tried
sleep 100 &
kill -SEGV PID

but nothing is created

also, what commands can be used to analyze them? (extract useful info from them)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

RedHat diagnostic commands

Dear all Can anyone tell me what commands I can run on a RedHat linux server to gain some diagnostic information, e.g. checking for disk errors or other related problems. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

2. Linux

linux for dual core processor

hi all I bought a new MSI motherboard and intel dual core processor . i have currently installed fedora core 3 for which audio is not detected . can u tell me which version of fedora core will support as i have tried with fedora core 6 which gets installed but gives a error while... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
0 Replies

3. Linux

finding core information in redhat Linux

Hi, I want to know how to find out no of cores in linux. I have given the command more /proc/cpuinfo NOw I want to know what is diffrence between cpu cores and core id? How to find out exact no of cores? Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with .tar.gz files in Linux?x

Dear all, there are more than 10 files with .tar.gz extension in my folder i didnt want to extract them i just want to run the query to fetch my necessary data from all the files. but when i run the command it untar the files in that folder. gunzip -c abc.tar.gz | tar -xf - | grep REC |... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojo123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to deal with incomplete image files

Sorry for the odd title, but I couldn't think of an easy way to describe my issue. Background I have a home security system that continually sends (via FTP) 4 different still images to a directory on my personal website - cam0.jpg, cam1.jpg, etc. I've written an extremely basic html script to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CinciJeff
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal files with space in names?

I have a bash file as following: #!/bin/sh deal_file(){ printf $1 printf "\t is a file" echo } main(){ for file in `find "$1" ` do deal_file $file done } main $1 then I run ./t.sh .,get the following results: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 915086731
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux stats per core

Does anyone know how to check linux stats per core? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] About commands for linux executable files

I have seen commands like this: (hello is the executable file or maybe script file) ./hello hello .hello So, anyone could tell me the differences among these commands? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: icyfight
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to deal with replaced files?

My task is to copy all files from many directories in one. The big problem i encounter is that some files in different directory have the same names. Is they are way to copy the files that have same names in a sub directory ( need to preserve the name of the files unchanged ) I have list with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogok_bg
6 Replies

10. Red Hat

Difference Redhat Linux/RH Enterprise Linux

what is the difference between Redhat Linux and Redhat Enterprise Linux. whereas Redhat linux have Server installation options too. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hananabbas
2 Replies
GCORE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  GCORE(1)

NAME
gcore - get core image of running process SYNOPSIS
gcore [-s][-c core] pid DESCRIPTION
gcore creates a core image of each specified process, suitable for use with adb(1). By default the core image is written to the file <pid>.core. The options are: -c Write the core file to the specified file instead of <pid>.core. -s Stop the process while creating the core image and resume it when done. This makes sure that the core dump will be in a consistent state. The process is resumed even if it was already stopped. Of course, you can obtain the same result by manually stopping the process with kill(1). The core image name was changed from core.<pid> to <pid>.core to prevent matching names like core.h and core.c when using programs such as find(1). FILES
<process-id>.core The core image. BUGS
If gcore encounters an error while creating the core image and the -s option was used the process will remain stopped. Swapped out processes and system processes (the swapper) may not be gcore'd. 4.2 Berkeley Distribution April 15, 1994 GCORE(1)