Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What are the differences among i386, i486, i586? Post 34302 by HOUSCOUS on Friday 14th of February 2003 05:49:10 PM
Old 02-14-2003
Thank you for both of you. Thank you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386

I set up a cheap-o box here to play with... I disabled all of my r* services, and plenty of other stuff... (Sure does install a lot of stuff running by default!). I use Reflections X from my NT Workstation to connect. Up until I disabled those services, it worked fairly well. Now I connect and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 on a i386

Hi, I am trying to installing solaris on a intel PC, but I am unable to do it. So my question is where can I find some good documents (I tried sun.com did not find any thing). If I want to dual boot between Linux and Solaris, would I install solaris first if so why? Thanks alot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
5 Replies

3. BSD

UNIX -openbsd /i386

I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it was due to changing the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX -openbsd /i386

UNIX -openbsd /i386 I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing php-4.3.3-2.i386.rpm

Ok when i try to run the install the is what i get How can i fix this can anyone help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
8 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris I386 ifconfig devices ??

I want to configure my Network card. On solaris 9 i386. How to know the good Network device. I use prtconf to display the device list. I'm searching the device name. Like ifconfig device_name plumb thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl() system call on Linux-i386

Greetings, Please help me with the following : Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux/386 : FIOxxx (file IOCTL requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal IOCTL requests) ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aigoia
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Ethereal Solaris i386

Hello guys, I am trying to install ethereal in Solaris10 based on i386 system. But i can find only packet for sparc. Any idea? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Differences between 2 Flat Files and process the differences

Hi Hope you are having a great weeknd !! I had a question and need your expertise for this : I have 2 files File1 & File2(of same structure) which I need to compare on some columns. I need to find the values which are there in File2 but not in File 1 and put the Differences in another file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_8398
5 Replies

10. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies
machid(1)							   User Commands							 machid(1)

NAME
machid, sun, iAPX286, i286, i386, i486, i860, pdp11, sparc, u3b, u3b2, u3b5, u3b15, vax, u370 - get processor type truth value SYNOPSIS
sun iAPX286 i386 pdp11 sparc u3b u3b2 u3b5 u3b15 vax u370 DESCRIPTION
The following commands will return a true value (exit code of 0) if you are using an instruction set that the command name indicates. sun True if you are on a Sun system. iAPX286 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX286 processor. i386 True if you are on a computer using an iAPX386 processor. pdp11 True if you are on a PDP-11/45tm or PDP-11/70tm. sparc True if you are on a computer using a SPARC-family processor. u3b True if you are on a 3B20 computer. u3b2 True if you are on a 3B2 computer. u3b5 True if you are on a 3B5 computer. u3b15 True if you are on a 3B15 computer. vax True if you are on a VAX-11/750tm or VAX-11/780tm. u370 True if you are on an IBM(R) System/370tm computer. The commands that do not apply will return a false (non-zero) value. These commands are often used within makefiles (see make(1S)) and shell scripts (see sh(1)) to increase portability. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
make(1S), sh(1), test(1), true(1), uname(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The machid family of commands is obsolete. Use uname -p and uname -m instead. SunOS 5.11 5 Jul 1990 machid(1)