Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Want a better browser...
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Want a better browser... Post 34158 by Tatum on Friday 7th of February 2003 11:23:24 AM
Old 02-07-2003
Question Want a better browser...

Smilie Howdy

The IT admin where I work is limited in knowing what's available, so we're stuck with Netscape Navigator v4.72, as our only GUI browser.

Smilie Is there a user friendly unix browser, that the average non-unix savey engineer can use?

OS is AIX 4.3 (on the BASH shell).
Hardware is an IBM RS6000, 44P Model 170 w/512Mb RAM.

Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser

I recently install solaris8. on my computer, unfortunately I'm running AOL 7. Is't possible to run this on solaris?. If yes, your help is welcome. :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: MEdwards42
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Browser in Solaris 2.6

Hello, I need install a new browser in the version of Solaris 2.6 and not possible upgrade of Solaris in this machine, in the system have Netscape 4.0, but i need install the new version or new browser. What is recommended and the link for download? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: markos
1 Replies

3. Linux

browser problem

Dear friends, I ma using linux os. my browser is mozilla firebird . since last one week my browser is not working. if i send mail through outlook some buttons like send , refresh are not working. and yahoo mail also not logging on. please help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
2 Replies

4. Programming

Redirect Browser

Hello guys, Is it possible to redirect browser to another socket address? Cheers, Elton (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EltonSky
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

browser waiting

hi all i am opning a browser like www.example.com i would like to open this browser slowly (wait mode) how can i do this. is there any option like wait for some time that to 5sec.,10 sec. like (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: munna_dude
1 Replies

6. Solaris

How to open Browser

Hi, I am connecting to the remote machine via Xmanger. How can i ope browser from the termilnal. I can open gui from my terminal. (xclock works) Just wondering how to open the browser ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
2 Replies

7. Solaris

X browser

xbrowser getting closed automatically and ask for user id and password in solaris? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
5 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Browser Help

I'm looking for a browser than can handle heavy java usage. Firefox doesn't seem to be able to handle heavy usage anymore :( . Chromium does a decent job, but its just so different from Firefox I just can't get used to it. I have been trying to get used to chromium for over 2 weeks but can't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cokedude
1 Replies

9. Programming

Close browser

I just would like to have a javascript function ( for user logout ) which can close the browser that the user run this function , for example , if the user is using IE to click this function , then close ALL IE browser , is it possible ? if it can not be make , could the function close ALL opened... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
2 Replies
WWWBrowser(3pm) 					User Contributed Perl Documentation					   WWWBrowser(3pm)

NAME
WWWBrowser - platform independent means to start a WWW browser SYNOPSIS
use WWWBrowser; WWWBrowser::start_browser($url, -oldwindow => 1); DESCRIPTION
start_browser($url [, %args]) Start a web browser with the specified URL. The process is started in background. The following optional parameters are recognized: -oldwindow => $bool Normally, the URL is loaded into a new window, if possible. With "-oldwindow" set to a false window, "WWWBrowser" will try to re-use a browser window. -browser => $browser Use (preferebly) the named browser $browser. See "CONFIGURATION" for a some browser specialities. This option will only work for unix. CONFIGURATION
For unix, the global variable @WWWBrowser::unix_browsers can be set to a list of preferred web browsers. The following browsers are handled specially: lynx, w3m Text oriented browsers, which are opened in an "xterm", "kvt" or "gnome-terminal" (if running under X11). If not running under X11, then no background process is started. kfmclient Use "openURL" method of kfm. netscape Use "-remote" option to re-use a running netscape process, if possible. _default_gnome Look into the "~/.gnome/Gnome" configuration file for the right browser. _default_kde NYI. The following variables can be defined globally in the main package: $os Short name of operating system ("win", "mac" or "unix"). &status_messages Error handling function (instead of default "warn"). REQUIREMENTS
For Windows, the Win32Util module should be installed in the path. AUTHOR
Slaven Rezic <slaven@rezic.de> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999,2000,2001,2003 Slaven Rezic. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Win32Util. perl v5.10.0 2009-03-10 WWWBrowser(3pm)