Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: moving hardisks
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers moving hardisks Post 34109 by Henrik on Tuesday 4th of February 2003 12:19:03 PM
Old 02-04-2003
Thanks for the guide - I can see what you mean !!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help in moving

can any one help i have a file with this content file name hsnvalue.op containing HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 i want to print only one value to another file final.out :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving Files

Hi There, I am trying to move files, the file is present in this location: /iAm4Free/test/generate/txt/information.txt I need to move it to: /iAm4Free/test1/generate/txt/information.txt The only difference is the "test" is replaced with "test1". But the constraint is. The parent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: iAm4Free
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving files

I wrote a script which moves files on first in first out basis. for i in `ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -10 | awk '{print $9}'` do mv $i Test/ done But donno some reason, this is not working on my Linux box. May i know the reason? Can the above script be done by using positional... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Moving zones

Hi, I try to move zone to new server and this is what I done: zoneadm -z myzone halt zoneadm -z myzone deatach cd /mypath/ tar cf myzone.tar myzone ftp it over to new server: tar xf myzone.tar zonecfg -z myzone create -a /mypath/myzone commit exit Problem is here: # zoneadm... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehrdad68
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not moving !!

Hi I have written the following piece of code to move all files with name *.sh to *.bak the o/p i am getting is *.sh.bak Pls help cat filename | while read line do mv $line $line.sh done filename file conatins file.sh file1.sh file2.sh expected o/p is file.bak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving files

Hi I need to be able to move files from one central locations to different servers on our network. So i want all of our operators to place files to one area on the main storage area. From there i need a script that first checks the file is stable (finished copying) then copy to another server,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: treds
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving between workspaces

In Linux if Alt+Ctrl+KeyPad# is issued from a Bash shell, will a user then be able to invoke Firefox commands to Firefox from a Bash shell? Would one be able to issue another Alt+Ctrl+Key# to return to the initial workspace containing the Bash script? How do Alt+Ctrl+KeyPad# and Ctrl+F#... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
0 Replies

8. AIX

Moving tapes

Hello, anybody out there that is using itdt to manage tape changes in a tape library. The help of itdt show a move subcommand but I can't get it to work. Env: AIX5.3 Dell PowerVault TL2000 tape library -> rmt1 Available 01-08-02 IBM 3580 Ultrium Tape Drive (FCP) # itdt says it finds the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: petervg
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving Files to VM

Hi guys, i need to test a script on my RedHat which it's mounted on a VirtualBox (oracle VM). So i need to copy a directory with subdirectories, from a remote host to my VM. I'd like to do that within cmd not with program like Filezilla or something like that. Any idea please? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newer
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Moving directories

Hi Can I ask a (probably) easy question? I have a range of files in nested directories: subj_01/session_1/AAA/safe.txt subj_01/session_1/AAA/sample.txt subj_01/session_1/DDD/results.txt This is repeated for three sessions for each of subj_{01..026} Is there a way of copying the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: montywaite
9 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)