Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /var/spool/mqueue !!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers /var/spool/mqueue !!! Post 3405 by Neo on Saturday 30th of June 2001 01:19:05 PM
Old 06-30-2001
Yes, you might get your results by doing something like <B> du -sb</B> on the root directory where your mqueue is located and post the results against doing a <B>df</B> command. The du command with -sb switch show the summary usage for the directory. df does a similar thing but shows the partitions. If you post the results, we can offer next steps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NOQUEUE: low on space ( have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101 in /var/spool/mqueue)

hi, I'm in Solaris 2.8 env. When i'm trying to add a ftp user account , encountered "no space in disk" .. couldn't create any user. Then check the fs disk space with "df - k " and /var/adm/syslog .. got the below message. Jun 9 03:10:53 mail sendmail: NOQUEUE: low on space (have 0,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dolly
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/VAR/SPOOL/MAIL question

Hi, We have all the user account in a home direcory where their mail is stored and retrieved by email clients. We do however have /var/spool/mail with all the user accounts in it as well Our sendmail.cf is configured to use /var/spool/mqueue as the queue so .what is /var/spool/mail being used... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendmail /VAR/SPOOL/MAIL

Hi, First Question: In our company our users have their mailboxes in /var/spool/mail When I look at the users file it seems as if every email sent/received is in that user file! Is this because IMAP is being used or is that just how sendmail works? Second Question: How is that when I create... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/var/spool/mail

Hi, How can i get my mail on either /var/spool/mail or /var/mail? I use mail and sendmail command to send mail. But everytime I send mail it comes to my outlook inbox and when I check with mail command I get the message "No mail for siba". (Note siba is my user Id.) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent

Hello, I have a bunch of cron jobs in the crontab. For some reason mail from the cron jobs started going to /var/spool/mqueue instead of being sent. Does anyone know why mail from cron jobs would go to the queue instead of being sent? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: xadamz23
9 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab & var/spool/mai

Hi there, I'm using crontab to move some files every minute, but when crontab doesn't find these files it sends a message to the file "user_name" in the directory "var/spool/mail". Is it possible to "bypass" this problem? Thanks in advance, Giordano Bruno (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 9, /var/spool/clientmqueue/

Hi, We have some 2-3 Solaris 9 servers with the following issue. For every cron job which has email notifications, it is sending the emails, but it create files at /var/spool/clientmqueue/ which has similar contents. " V6 T1271362260 K1271362260 N1 P30359 MDeferred: Connection refused... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uxadmin007
1 Replies

8. Solaris

/var/spool/clientmqueue

Hi, solaris : 9 can we delete the files from this location /var/spool/clientmqueue . I found around 40K files lying in this location. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maooah
1 Replies

9. AIX

/var/spool/mail/ issues

Hi My box is running with AIX 6100-06 and Im the root user of this box My /var gets filled up often to 100% When I investigate I find that it is the below file which increases rapidly /var/spool/mail/pdgadmin I dont know why this file is growing up. Can any one assist me on this.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

10. Solaris

/var/spool/mqueue issue

Hi guys . I have a solaris machine serving as a DNS server for my environment. Everytime I go into /var/spool/mqueue , there are an aweful lot of emails with names likes: qfqB6ChrpL006644. When I cat the file , I get the following output: H??Received: from machine.domain.com... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
system_mail_selinux(8)					    SELinux Policy system_mail					    system_mail_selinux(8)

NAME
system_mail_selinux - Security Enhanced Linux Policy for the system_mail processes DESCRIPTION
Security-Enhanced Linux secures the system_mail processes via flexible mandatory access control. The system_mail processes execute with the system_mail_t SELinux type. You can check if you have these processes running by executing the ps command with the -Z qualifier. For example: ps -eZ | grep system_mail_t ENTRYPOINTS
The system_mail_t SELinux type can be entered via the mta_exec_type, sendmail_exec_t file types. The default entrypoint paths for the system_mail_t domain are the following: /bin/mail(x)?, /usr/bin/mail(x)?, /usr/sbin/sendmail(.sendmail)?, /usr/bin/esmtp, /usr/sbin/rmail, /usr/sbin/ssmtp, /usr/lib/sendmail, /var/qmail/bin/sendmail, /usr/sbin/sendmail.postfix, /usr/lib/courier/bin/sendmail PROCESS TYPES
SELinux defines process types (domains) for each process running on the system You can see the context of a process using the -Z option to ps Policy governs the access confined processes have to files. SELinux system_mail policy is very flexible allowing users to setup their sys- tem_mail processes in as secure a method as possible. The following process types are defined for system_mail: system_mail_t Note: semanage permissive -a system_mail_t can be used to make the process type system_mail_t permissive. SELinux does not deny access to permissive process types, but the AVC (SELinux denials) messages are still generated. BOOLEANS
SELinux policy is customizable based on least access required. system_mail policy is extremely flexible and has several booleans that allow you to manipulate the policy and run system_mail with the tightest access possible. If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server, you must turn on the authlo- gin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to deny any process from ptracing or debugging any other processes, you must turn on the deny_ptrace boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P deny_ptrace 1 If you want to allow all domains to use other domains file descriptors, you must turn on the domain_fd_use boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P domain_fd_use 1 If you want to allow all domains to have the kernel load modules, you must turn on the domain_kernel_load_modules boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P domain_kernel_load_modules 1 If you want to allow all domains to execute in fips_mode, you must turn on the fips_mode boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P fips_mode 1 If you want to determine whether Gitosis can send mail, you must turn on the gitosis_can_sendmail boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P gitosis_can_sendmail 1 If you want to enable reading of urandom for all domains, you must turn on the global_ssp boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P global_ssp 1 If you want to allow http daemon to send mail, you must turn on the httpd_can_sendmail boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P httpd_can_sendmail 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 If you want to allow system to run with NIS, you must turn on the nis_enabled boolean. Disabled by default. setsebool -P nis_enabled 1 If you want to allow confined applications to use nscd shared memory, you must turn on the nscd_use_shm boolean. Enabled by default. setsebool -P nscd_use_shm 1 NSSWITCH DOMAIN
If you want to allow users to resolve user passwd entries directly from ldap rather then using a sssd server for the system_mail_t, you must turn on the authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap boolean. setsebool -P authlogin_nsswitch_use_ldap 1 If you want to allow confined applications to run with kerberos for the system_mail_t, you must turn on the kerberos_enabled boolean. setsebool -P kerberos_enabled 1 MANAGED FILES
The SELinux process type system_mail_t can manage files labeled with the following file types. The paths listed are the default paths for these file types. Note the processes UID still need to have DAC permissions. anon_inodefs_t arpwatch_tmp_t courier_spool_t /var/spool/courier(/.*)? /var/spool/authdaemon(/.*)? etc_aliases_t /etc/mail/.*.db /etc/mail/aliases.* /etc/postfix/aliases.* /etc/aliases /etc/aliases.db exim_log_t /var/log/exim[0-9]?(/.*)? exim_spool_t /var/spool/exim[0-9]?(/.*)? mail_home_rw_t /root/Maildir(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/.maildir(/.*)? /home/[^/]*/Maildir(/.*)? mail_home_t /root/.mailrc /root/.forward /root/dead.letter /root/.esmtp_queue /home/[^/]*/.forward[^/]* /home/[^/]*/.mailrc /home/[^/]*/dead.letter /home/[^/]*/.esmtp_queue mail_spool_t /var/mail(/.*)? /var/spool/imap(/.*)? /var/spool/mail(/.*)? mqueue_spool_t /var/spool/(client)?mqueue(/.*)? /var/spool/mqueue.in(/.*)? qmail_spool_t /var/qmail/queue(/.*)? sendmail_log_t /var/log/mail(/.*)? /var/log/sendmail.st.* system_mail_tmp_t uucpd_spool_t /var/spool/uucp(/.*)? /var/spool/uucppublic(/.*)? COMMANDS
semanage fcontext can also be used to manipulate default file context mappings. semanage permissive can also be used to manipulate whether or not a process type is permissive. semanage module can also be used to enable/disable/install/remove policy modules. semanage boolean can also be used to manipulate the booleans system-config-selinux is a GUI tool available to customize SELinux policy settings. AUTHOR
This manual page was auto-generated using sepolicy manpage . SEE ALSO
selinux(8), system_mail(8), semanage(8), restorecon(8), chcon(1), sepolicy(8) , setsebool(8) system_mail 14-06-10 system_mail_selinux(8)