Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Standards
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Standards Post 34045 by norsk hedensk on Friday 31st of January 2003 04:19:47 PM
Old 01-31-2003
(google.com)

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Coding Standards

Hi, I am looking for some coding standards for Unix Shell Scripting. Can anyone help me out in this? Regards, Himanshu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himanshu_s
3 Replies

2. Programming

UNIX version standards

I'm new to UNIX programming. I'm used to starting my program's versions at 1.0, but I look at all the UNIX programs out there and see things like 0.000.1 or 3.3.000 and I'm wondering what these things really mean. Do people just type anything they feel in there? Are things in pre-release... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hirni
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Security Standards...

Hi All, Thanks in advance for reading and any posts. I was wondering if anyone has come across or can recomend or has any security standards that we could implement. We are running production Oracle systems on Solaris 8 boxes (which are global). We are after security considerations... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: B14speedfreak
4 Replies

4. Programming

Is gcc compliant with the C++ standards

Hello Friends, I am a newbie and have started using different compilers and tools to make myself familiar with their workings. I wanted to know that how compliant is gcc with the C++ standards. It is pretty obvious that no compiler is close to being completely compliant, but if there are some... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hthapar
7 Replies
true(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   true(1)

NAME
true, false - Returns a standard exit value SYNOPSIS
true false STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: true: XCU5.0 false: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. DESCRIPTION
The true command returns a 0 (zero) exit value. The false command returns a nonzero exit value. These commands are usually used in input to shell commands. NOTES
The special built-in utility : (colon) is sometimes more efficient than the true command. EXIT STATUS
[Tru64 UNIX] The nonzero value returned by the false command may vary from system to system. EXAMPLES
To construct a loop in a shell procedure, enter: while true do date sleep 60 done This procedure displays the date and time once a minute. To stop it, press the Interrupt key sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: csh(1), ksh(1), Bourne Shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Standards: standards(5) true(1)